1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mitochondrial enzymes discriminate between mitochondrial disorders and CFS

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Marco, Feb 26, 2012.

1. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    Do you have a link for this? If life expectancy is averaged out across a population, those who die young (e.g. in accidents and disasters) will clearly move the average down, so if you have reached an older age the average life expectancy for your age group is now higher.

It's making me wonder how the figures are compiled. I'd like to see figures that exclude accidents, etc., to see how different they are.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    I do not have the link. It was for my mother, so I did not note the source. It was a U.S. government site - CDC or census data perhaps.

I was surprised at the small gain from birth to age 21. Infant mortality must not be much of a factor anymore.
  3. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    Has anyone found a test (s) to determine if mitochondria are dysfunctional or ATP not working ??? I have not been tested for CoQ10 levels. If I have to go thru another blood test i there a blood test for ATP or mito status??
    Little Bluestem likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.