• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Morning tremors

Hi all -

Haven't posted here in a while because I have been in a state of partial remission for the past year or so with the methylation protocol plus a few other interventions. However, recently I have been having very difficult wakeups again combined with new symptoms. I have had tremors for as long as I can remember, generally more pronounced on my right side (my LLMD puts them to my lyme diagnosis, I put them to some sort of sugar metabolism issues) than my left.

However, in conjunction with the hard wakeups, I have recently been waking up with shakiness and weakness bad enough that I can not do fine motor tasks. Writing with a pen or pencil for example that lasts for 1-4 hours after waking up. I can't tell if it is noticeably fixed by eating or drinking, it seems to resolve itself on its own as I get into my day.

It is not (always) combined with OI/POTS type symptoms, but sometimes it is (historically my POTS has been worse in the morning)

Just wondered if anyone else experiences the morning shakes and if so, what sleuthing you have done around it.

adreno

PR activist
How are your electrolyte levels? Calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium. Many of us need to supplement them.