• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My experience with exercise testing -- the advantages and disadvantages

physicsstudent13

I was exercising for 2 months, doing intense cardio and on low sugar diet but it didn't cure me. maybe you have to add adrenal glandulars and coq10, maybe NAC?

I have sleep apnea, diabetes, low testosterone and started to take NAC, Phos choline, Coq10 and it seems to help. I was working faculty jobs and was becoming exhausted- the ENT surgeon who did tracheotomy told me my jaw structure causes me to have breathing problems

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I was exercising for 2 months, doing intense cardio and on low sugar diet but it didn't cure me. maybe you have to add adrenal glandulars and coq10, maybe NAC?

I have sleep apnea, diabetes, low testosterone and started to take NAC, Phos choline, Coq10 and it seems to help. I was working faculty jobs and was becoming exhausted- the ENT surgeon who did tracheotomy told me my jaw structure causes me to have breathing problems

A cure in 2 months? o_O

A cure from exercising? o_O

Do you have ME/CFS?

This thread started as a discussion on exercise testing - trying to ascertain how much exertion each of us can get away with, so that we can avoid exceeding our capabilities and exacerbating our condition.

With very few exceptions, we have learned that pushing ourselves is more likely to make us worse than better.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
So I agree, I think it could do a lot towards stabilizing many ME/CFS patients. It's not a cure, but it's a good management technique.
I wonder how many other treatments would work better if the person was not on the push-crash roller coaster.