• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My methylfolate problem.

Freddd

Metafolin restored me to normal dreaming after decades without. It took all 4 of the deadlock quartet to normalize my sleeping 100%. Taking divided doses during the day appears best. Also potassium and Vit C both interfere with it's absorption.

SeaShell

@Freddd
So I can take the Metafolin at bedtime? With my current divided doses it ends up as a gap of over 12 hours between my last dose of the previous evening and the first dose of the next morning.

Freddd

@Freddd
So I can take the Metafolin at bedtime? With my current divided doses it ends up as a gap of over 12 hours between my last dose of the previous evening and the first dose of the next morning.

HI Seashell,

I'm at an equilibrium with it. Taking a dose makes no noticeable difference. Even when there is a difference to notice, it is symptoms going into deficiency, like edema , IBS and angular cheilitis. At equilibrium for all these items, it becomes very subtle if improvement is happening or not. At equilibrium there is no stimulating effect to any of these things. Differences are noticed, not steady states. Once methylation is and ATP are fully functional on all levels, there ceases to be a noticeable difference when taking a dose.