• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mycoplasma/Stealth pathogens behind CFS/FMS other things...

saint

I also now think bacteria is behind my issues. Maybe it wasn't in the beginning with mono, and maybe if i had used antivirals back then, things would be different, but i think bacteria is the problem now.

interestingly (maybe), there are articles that say borrelia affects toll like receptors 7 and 9 - the same ones implicated by demeirleir/lombardi in the autoimmune/CFS paper.

I am running into more and more people who say that long term antibiotics is the only thing that finally helped them.

However, it seems that the majority can never stop the antibiotics....
I had the mono as well - and EBV came up in my blood work. But I don't know if Lyme or mycoplasma may have knocked my immune system down and then it set the ball rolling. I read that these bacteria and/or Lyme (I hope I get it right - it's early) do something to adrenals & thyroid - which resonated with me as I've had issues with both.

A guy in the tick-infested town we lived in had a permanent IV of antibiotics. My husband met him on the subway, and he said 'he was getting ready to pass out' - he was being treated for Lyme. Very sadly, his daughter was swimming in a lake in town, and died. I just wondered if there was a connection.

My fibro doc said he has kids 4-5 years old coming in on wheelchairs with Lyme.

I called his office & asked if I should be put on Doxycycline - the antibiotic they use for Lyme, and his nurse said "no". I emailed her Prof. Nicolson's pdf on treating mycoplasma, but haven't heard back.

I too, am leery of abx. They wipe out all the good bacteria and some are high in fluoride - a known carcinogen. Of course you can take probiotics to repopulate. I'm not averse to taking them - my fibro doc has to make the call. I hate relying on doctors to write me prescriptions. We should be allowed to write our own - at least in a limited sense.

What if a doc is wrong, and won't prescribe what you need? That's why I began the protocol myself.

I agree with Daffodil's reasoning above - what explains 'outbreaks' of this stuff? There is a common denominator in why we've all ended up here.
Re-reading this thread...Dietrich Klinghardt, Lyme, autism, pyroluria expert, believes Lyme has now become congenital, w/o need for vector. This story might go some way to validating him. :(

Here's an interesting piece re abx just came to me yesterday:
That's a good article. We all know what mercury does. I keep reading 'we are coming to the end of the age of antibiotics' in my online travels.

I've read they've found Lyme in body fluids (read it in different places, not Doc Klinghardt) and that it can be passed via human contact - not sure about dog contact, as both my dogs had lyme.

If you research it, the long list of mycoplasma-induced diseases is frightening - serious stuff - MS, Parkinsons. And my neighbor across the street has MS. The neighbor behind me was ill with something for a long time, then passed away young. I don't know what it was though.

Daffodil

I met a woman with CFS who says she has been able to work f/t because she treated early (I think) with antibiotics. When she tries to stop them, her symptoms return full force. I asked how long she has been on them...she said, "11 years" !!

saint

11 years! That's crazy! I wonder if she has gut issues. Or liver issues.

That's interesting that Lipkin is working with ticks.

Daffodil

11 years! That's crazy! I wonder if she has gut issues. Or liver issues.

That's interesting that Lipkin is working with ticks.
she said she has been careful to take probiotics.

looks like treatment might be a lifetime of antibiotics lol lovely.

saint

That's good. I can't imagine taking them for life. I know cipro has fluoride - don't know if others do. Plus - the stress on the liver.

Daffodil

I didn't know that - I only read about Dr. Lo in that article. Maybe that's the reason he sang like a bird.

I emaied Prof. Nicolson, as I read that he was highly knowledgeable about mycoplasma. He emailed me right back (which was very generous of him - I think that shows a good heart). He sent me info on treating it. I printed it and also sent it to my fibro doc. He initially uses certain antibiotics. But I read that if you are misdiagnosed (i.e. with fibromyalgia, CFS) then you become 'late stage lyme disease' - and antibiotics won't work (please don't take my word for it - research it for yourself).

Rather than waiting to make the hour + drive up to see my fibro doc, I began treating myself with The Cowden protocol (Dr. Eva Sapi - a lyme researcher, and sufferer used this).

I think Prof. Nicolson is in CA - but you could ask him for his protocol and send it to your doc.
hi saint. prof nicolson didn't mean the antibiotics wont work in late stage lyme..he meant that it becomes a lot harder to treat because there are coinfections and other problems involved.

saint

Okay - I read through it & my mind gets overloaded with so much info. I should have re-phrased it - it looks as if I meant that Prof N. doesn't use antibiotics in late-stage lyme - I meant that I read -somewhere- that if you are misdiagnosed you become late-stage lyme. I wonder if he can test for mycoplasma - I'll have to take a look at his website again.

Daffodil

hi saint. i just panicked when i read your post and i emailed him and thats what he told me lol

saint

I'm really sorry! I should have proofread before I posted to see how it might be interpreted by someone reading it.

I also thought of something else - someone asked how they treat mycoplasma - and I gave the info on treating Lyme (which may have mycoplasma involvement) - Samento, banderol, something to break biofilm.

I think I read there are usually co-infections with Lyme.

However, when I began researching on treating mycoplasma naturally (w/o abx) I saw on the Nutramedix website, that Banderol - one of the products in the Cowden protocol - is supposed to kill mycoplasma.

I wonder if that may be behind Cheney's treatment of using artesenuate - don't know if he's had success with curing fms/cfs - but artensenuate is one of the agents effective against Lyme - not sure what I read whether it's effective against mycoplasma.

I don't know if Doc N if he knows of any natural therapies against mycoplasma. I may have asked, but I can only do so much research - then I zone out a little.

I'm doing the Cowden protocol - doing another lipoic acid round. I'm going to talk to fibro doc about the abx when I can make it up to his office.

saint

Came across this enlightening article. I hope everyone finds a way to back-up & support these free-thinking docs - who really may be the last hope for those of us ill with these disorders - if mycoplasma is indeed behind the illness.

We should all contact representative - I don't know much about politics; from the little I know, John McCain seems an honest bet.

If mycoplasma is behind these illnesses - we should all be compensated for the years of our lives that have been stolen - our health, finances, jobs, relationships.

I am not a money-grubber, I've worked hard for what little I have - but I was stricken, unable to work and unable to collect SSD. The financial expense of the numerous products, parade of doctors, etc. has taken it's toll.

Just like people are reimbursed for being exposed to asbestos, why shouldn't we be reimbursed for having our lives stolen in every way imaginable? While the ruling class is enjoying their golfing vacations at taxpayer expense, why shouldn't we receive recompense for our suffering? I hope everyone gives this careful thought and takes the 15 seconds to contact McCain

.There are innumerable ways these docs coming forward with truths can be silenced and be retaliated against. Surprising that Yale named as an opponent - sometimes evil presents as 'an angel of light' - so even institutions that are highly regarded can be in league with wrongdoing. Can't vouch for veracity of article, but my gut tells me it's the truth. http://www.nutramedix.ec/ns/science-library/278-living-next-door-to-plum-island

Strawberry

Do you remember what antibiotics you took long term for TB exposure?

Thanks,
Sushi
No, sorry. It has been too many years. I doubt my mom would remember either. It would have been in the mid 70s if there was one antibiotic most used during that period for TB exposure.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
I also now think bacteria is behind my issues. Maybe it wasn't in the beginning with mono, and maybe if i had used antivirals back then, things would be different, but i think bacteria is the problem now.

interestingly (maybe), there are articles that say borrelia affects toll like receptors 7 and 9 - the same ones implicated by demeirleir/lombardi in the autoimmune/CFS paper.

I am running into more and more people who say that long term antibiotics is the only thing that finally helped them.

However, it seems that the majority can never stop the antibiotics....

I've read a bit about mycoplasma and it is supposed to be extremely antibiotic resistant. There are strains that have mutated and whole classes of antibiotics are no longer effective. Also, it does not have an outer shell like most bacteria. Apparently, most antibiotics work by interfering with a bacteria's ability to keep or form an outside shell.

I can't remember whether it was tetracycline or doxycycline that I was taking for another infection. After taking it for awhile, I had no Fibromyalgia symptoms (still had the fatigue though). However, as soon as I stopped taking it, the FMS symptoms, including the pain, came back. It seems to fit as something that would not be completely removed by antibiotics; however, antibiotics might provide temporary relief.

If a person has a chronic bacterial infection, herpes viruses and other quarantined viruses have a chance to reactivate. It just seems to fit. I wish that someone in the United States would come up with a blood test that works to diagnose all strains of mycoplasma. You would think that someone in the CDC or NIH would be more concerned.

knackers323

I've read a bit about mycoplasma and it is supposed to be extremely antibiotic resistant. There are strains that have mutated and whole classes of antibiotics are no longer effective. Also, it does not have an outer shell like most bacteria. Apparently, most antibiotics work by interfering with a bacteria's ability to keep or form an outside shell.

I can't remember whether it was tetracycline or doxycycline that I was taking for another infection. After taking it for awhile, I had no Fibromyalgia symptoms (still had the fatigue though). However, as soon as I stopped taking it, the FMS symptoms, including the pain, came back. It seems to fit as something that would not be completely removed by antibiotics; however, antibiotics might provide temporary relief.

If a person has a chronic bacterial infection, herpes viruses and other quarantined viruses have a chance to reactivate. It just seems to fit. I wish that someone in the United States would come up with a blood test that works to diagnose all strains of mycoplasma. You would think that someone in the CDC or NIH would be more concerned.

Prof. Garth Nicolson is your best bet

saint

I can't find the place where someone posted: John McCain the pro torture (who got tortured supposedly), pro war, pro taxes, pro immigration, pro drone strikes senator?

I don't follow politics, so I am not the best person to recommend a politician with a sympathetic ear (if there are any). I just picked John McCain because I happened to see him on t.v. and he seemed decent. If ANYONE can recommend a politician or organized group then, by all means, DO IT. Unless of course - we start our own.

I wanted to get the ball rolling and I emailed him about it.

When I was damaged by that doctor I got nowhere. I spoke with a woman from our local politicians office who told me "YOU HAVE TO GET A LOT OF PEOPLE ON BOARD SO YOU WILL BE LISTENED TO". This in itself is an abomination, but that seems to be the way politics work.

All those politicians retiring - some with 3 or more pensions is nauseating. And here we sit, sick as a dog with no help. DAMN!

If this is some mycoplasma thing going on behind these illnesses (I suspect something because of the 'outbreaks') then someone in a position of authority has to get on board to help in treating it.

I was talking with my dental hygienist, who told me her father has Crohn's - and I'm pretty sure that was on the list - although I could be mistaken. She had heard of Plum Island and recalled a story where a mutated dog washed up on the shore near it. This is despicable (I'm an animal lover).

I don't know the right way any more than anyone else. I'm pretty much shooting in the dark - but I think it's worth it to try to get better from this.

I was trying to follow that worker in the politician's office advice: YOU HAVE TO GET A LOT OF PEOPLE ON BOARD. Instead of being spread out, we need to laser-focus on ONE politician and flood his office with emails for assistance.

Anybody know of someone who might listen???

knackers323

No, he didn't say why. I got the feeling he got in trouble for something. That seems to happen a lot to people (doctors etc.) who try to help us.

Yep he wrote a book talking about how he thought the mycoplasma is a US bio weapon. That probably caught up with him.