1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Need some guidance regarding Methylation

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Misfit Toy, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

I have my 23 & Me results. I was guided by "Living Wellness" to start a small protocol. To start off with Yucca Root first and molybdenum-that's it. My regular doctor also wants me on Niacin 50 mg for detoxing. I am not to start MTHFR until much later on and a very little amount. My ammonia is to be cleared out first. I have done this before and used charcoal or Butyrate and it did nothing for ammonia, or at least I felt no differently.

Yesterday, I took all of this (not the Butyrate or charcoal) on top of my Vitamin D3 and fish oil. I couldn't sleep last night. I fell asleep and after 3 hours, I was wide awake. Then, I couldn't sleep.

I am seriously reacting to everything anymore and I can't make heads or tails of anything.

Can someone please give me some guidance? Has anyone been on Yucca and I was never told how much to take. Same goes for molybdenum. If anyone has anything they can help me with, I would appreciate it. Do I take a little, a lot?? Do I break it in half?

I have asked for help with stuff like this in the past and I feel like many who have the knowledge don't offer it to me. Those who know something, please come forth and help a fellow CFS person.

Thanks.
    ggingues likes this.
  2. greenshots

greenshots Senior Member

California
    You might want to list or attach your tests to make it easier
  3. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

4. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

B.C., Canada
    Hi Spitfire
    I've read on here that some people get insomnia from fish oils. You might want to take those early in the day. I take 75 mg of molybdenum, half a pill, to help convert sulfite to sulfate. Some people react badly to molyb for a few days. Hope others have more advice for you!
    The Spitfire likes this.
  5. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    The Spitfire likes this.
  6. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

Thank you! I had my last B12 injection today. I am on Niacin and not feeling great on it.

Gosh, things are so conflicting. People talk about how fish oil helps them to sleep! Good to know.

Plus, I am trying the GAPS diet-stage 1 and all of the fat is upsetting my stomach. I am nauseous.

I am trying.
  7. AbbyDear

AbbyDear

usa
    i do not do well with charcoal (which generally means increase in pain, and less sleep), but i do not want to discourage others from trying it - seems like it could help absorb/remove some things (though not sure about really long term use). I can tolerate a small about of takesumi. i am considering trying Quicksilver IMD detox powder, but it is expensive (and maybe more for detox of metals). While molybdenum is involved in a number of enzymes and pathways, I think it is still considered a trace mineral. I think I can tolerate some. I have not tried yucca, that I recall, maybe one supplement under the sun I have not tried.

Here is link for more info on molybdenum: http://www.healthsupplementsnutritionalguide.com/Molybdenum.html
    The Spitfire likes this.
  8. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

Who would think that a trace mineral could possibly hurt? Then again, why not. Yes, I have tried all supplements. I have so many supplements that I can't even remember that I have them and my doctor will suggest trying a supplement and I will buy them again forgetting that I already have them. Boxes of supplements. I could buy myself a second hand car with the amount of money I have spent. I'd be happier, too! A convertible.
  9. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    When I posted my 23andme results and asked for some input I didn't get any. It's not personal, some threads just get missed when there are a lot. You can always add something to your thread which brings it back onto the "what's new?" page. Even then though if it's been more than a day there can be pages of threads to read.

I hope those with more knowledge than I have see your thread and respond
    Lotus97 likes this.
  10. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    Charcoal can bind to a lot of things so it's good to take it at a separate time as you take your supplements, prescription medication, etc.

See more popular forum discussions.