• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Article on Toxic Mold in The Townsend Letter

slayadragon

Scott Forsgren of Better Health Guy discusses the role of mold and mycotoxins in chronic Lyme disease in this new article in the Townsend Letter -- now available to be read for free.

>One of the downsides of "chronic Lyme disease" is that Lyme often becomes the focus of treatment, when in fact it may not be the dominant stressor that the body is burdened by. The intent behind this article is to suggest a more expanded view of chronic Lyme disease and to suggest that both environmental exposures to toxic molds and and the production of mycotoxins resulting from fungal colonization in the body can be significant issues in terms of symptom presentation, as well as both the severity and duration of the illness.

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/mycotoxins

Scott Forsgren of Better Health Guy discusses the role of mold and mycotoxins in chronic Lyme disease in this new article in the Townsend Letter -- now available to be read for free.

>One of the downsides of "chronic Lyme disease" is that Lyme often becomes the focus of treatment, when in fact it may not be the dominant stressor that the body is burdened by. The intent behind this article is to suggest a more expanded view of chronic Lyme disease and to suggest that both environmental exposures to toxic molds and and the production of mycotoxins resulting from fungal colonization in the body can be significant issues in terms of symptom presentation, as well as both the severity and duration of the illness.

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/mycotoxins
I'm in the process of trying to be tested. Prelimerary results sain no on mycotoxins but I know better. I remember a dust-like substance on one side of a wall on a rented house as we were moving in, wanted to clean it off but was told I'd ruin the wallpaper. Wallpaper? It ended up ruining the best years of my life! I'm currently taking suggestions of specif things to test for and told the nurse about Real Labs in texas but I don't know if insurance will pay for it. I'm definatly open to any comments and suggestions. I also asked about being tested for Lyme.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I don't have any suggestions for testing or treating mycotoxins, but I want to say, "Welcome to the forums, @beca". :)

jepps

This is an article about the correlation lyme, mold and yeast:

http://www.townsendletter.com/July2014/mold0714.html

Dr. Neil Nathan has found mold toxicity to be a big piece of the puzzle in a very significant portion of patients with chronic Lyme disease. Lisa Nagy, MD, has suggested that many Lyme patients have a damaged immune system resulting from mold or pesticide exposures and that a focus on Lyme and coinfections may not always be the right focus.