• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New SNPs to consider - MTHFRsupport

caledonia

MTHFRsupport posted this on their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/mthfrsupport?ref=ts&fref=ts

There are some other SNPs you can look at, which may be helpful in understanding why you're sick. You can run your 23andme data through Sterling's App to see what your SNPs are. http://www.mthfrsupport.com/reports-consults/order-reports/

Something I would like to share with all of you. Many people share their charts with me and for this I am grateful. I have looked at nearly 10,000 of them. I also work with several MD's, NDs, DC's and nutritionists who specialize in certain areas. This makes it huge in discovering trends on the variant report. I would like to share a few of them with you all.
1.) Since I have put 13 of the MTHFR SNPs we have found with peer reviewed research. We have had 7 people with 10 + homozygous MTHFR SNPs. Three had a diagnosis of dystonia in which 2 are in wheel chairs, 1 had a diagnosis of Parkinson's and a total of 6 all low dopamine. We have discovered that 6 of the 7 are BH4 tetrahydrobiobterin deficient.
2.) FUT2 is related to poor b12 absorption so many practitioners were upping b12 dosages in these individuals once their b12 came back low. When FUT2 is mutated, people will be low on bifidobacterium when they do a stool analysis. So now we know if bifidobacterium is given, then b12 levels usually go up unless there is something else going on. Also with the help of people sharing information we have seen that children with PANDAS (underlying strep) first need to get rid of strep because many react badly to bifidobacterium. Maybe the strep feeds?
3.) I have met with many parents who have children with PANDAS. Also a practitioner who deals strictly with PANDAS. In sharing charts and data, we have been able to pinpoint a specific gene. SLC19A1 which is a folate transport gene(intestinal folate carrier) that can be just as significant as MTHFR. Unfortunately 23andme does not test for this gene anymore. We see that up to 60% of the children with high levels of strep are homozygous for SLC19A1 genes that we have on the variant report and 95% were heterozygous or homozygous. This is a big find since we know that folate controls T cell regulation.
4.) We have been able to target genes for the floxies (people who have been injured by fluoriqiunolones). ACE gene is activated by fluoride. Collagen production genes. G6PD fluoriquinolone are contradicted, ABP1 which is quinone binding. Also the mito genes.

So next time someone tells you that we are ridiculous looking into other genes, remember this, people who have been diagnosed with dystonia, Parkinson's, PANDAS and the ones who have been injured by fluoriquinolones do not feel the same.

We must all step out of our boxes to help others. ~~Sterling Hill Erdei

taniaaust1

Im very interested to check out to see how many MTHFR SNPs mutations I have as my ME symptoms at one point were so parkinsons like that the head nurse at the hospital once mistook me for a parkinsons disease person .. and I have double copy of MTHFR C677T so it would be very interesting to know how many more MTHFR mutations I have.

We see that up to 60% of the children with high levels of strep are homozygous for SLC19A1 genes

Ive had issues with strep so gotta look that one up too.

Last edited: