• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Organic Aloe vera Juice

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Can anyone recommend a product, I can order from iherb if its a US one. I want to try it for gut issues. I read something about inner leaf being the best? Advice and info appreciated.

I usually make my own aloe vera juice from aloe vera leaf.
Mix with honey. Taste soothing and yummy. :)
I think its better and more natural than supplement product which being processed?
I read its the sap thats beneficial for the gut.

Recently i accidently read that aloe vera reduce potassium level :confused:
I google more and some other websites stated the same thing so i think its not a goid thing to take it often?

South

The "inner leaf", also called "inner fillet" has had the outer peel removed, to avoid the laxative effect of the outer peel. The outer peel is still there if you buy the "whole leaf" labeled product.

Some bottles you have to look on the back in the fine print to see which type that bottle is. Some even just use the single word "fillet", which means "inner fillet", which is the kind without the outer peel.

I've worked in a vitamin store for 6 years, and this question comes up a lot there.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
thanks @ukxmrv how much do you take a day? I'm very sensitive to stuff.
@kisekishiawase I don't think it grows here in the UK, I won't be taking a large amount to start with but thanks for the info re potassium.
@South I think I need the whole plant as I want the laxative effect!!! thanks for the info re types, had seen inner leaf products and that explains it.

ukxmrv

Hi @maryb

I can't afford to buy it to take daily. Can tolerate about half a glass a day when I can afford to buy it. Other brands made my stomach feel like it was being burned and had no good effects.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I just found some capsules I must have ordered a while ago and forgot about them.........am I going mad? They're not on that list though @adreno :(
Thanks @ukxmrv , pity you can't afford to take it every day if it does you good, damned illness, cost us a fortune.