• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Paralyzed - How common is it?

I get paralyzed Like state

• Total voters

Seven7

Seven
This makes it seem like it's probably not thats. It must be very scary! Especially that your awake
I am awake at first, but then I fall sleep (I think, I loose track of everything) then I wake up or come to.

By the way the sleep paralysis I had it when I didn't get to stage 4 sleep. Is a good sign of deep sleep quality or sleep deprivation.

SOC

I am awake at first, but then I fall sleep (I think, I loose track of everything) then I wake up or come to.

By the way the sleep paralysis I had it when I didn't get to stage 4 sleep. Is a good sign of deep sleep quality or sleep deprivation.
It sounds like (correct me if I'm wrong) that you are ultimately losing consciousness and also (sometimes) losing control of bodily functions. It also seems that you have an aura (you sense it coming) and that it comes on suddenly (within minutes).

That doesn't sound like PEM to me. Nor does it sound like post-exertional muscle weakness people with ME report.

If I understand correctly, you are not talking about sleep paralysis, right? This is happening when you are awake and, up to that point, going about your day normally...?

I strongly suggest having hubby film the whole thing from the aura through until you lose consciousness... and further if you have any movement while you're unconscious... and take it to your doc ASAP.

Seven7

Seven
Yeah I am awake, usually has been overdoing for a while. Sometimes is just I haven't had enough fluids.
1) I feel numbness in brain and I don't want to talk. When I feel is too much trouble to talk is that I know I am going down.
2) No matter what I go to the bathroom even if that means I won't make it to the bed, my priority is always to pee.
3) I assess if I can make it to bed (Upstairs) or need to lay down whereever I am, I need to go to a place with no lights and no Noise, I am more sensitive to noise when I crash. Light is just because I prefer not to.
4) Once in bed I need to lay flat (I always verify I have drink which I will need once I wake up). I can use a pillow, reclining just makes me sicker. Has to be laying down.
5)I have no idea usually 2-3 hours have past. Sometimes I just go pee and right back to bed till next day or wake up and drink wait a bit and I go about my night as usual.

I will get my husband to record me.