• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Parasite - E. Histolytica

Thomas

So apparently I have this parasite according to Dr. Cahill in NYC. He is suggesting 10 days of the antibiotic paromomycin and 3 days of the antiparasitic tindamax. Should I treat it? I'm always worried I'll get worse as so many treatments have proved. Sushi on this site already told me she had it and treated it and thought it was the right call.

It seems this is a common parasite so I'm wondering if treating it will actually make me feel better or am I just spinning my wheels. I should add that I've been sick with ME for 2 years (I'm 34) but that I have had classic IBS/anxiety issues since I was a teenager (thanks mom).

So, what do you think?

xrunner

I'd follow your dr advice. I never had any positives from testing but treating parasites helped me a lot.
I'd just take lot of probiotics hours away from every dose of antibiotics. I'd also start the probiotics before the antibiotics and continue for a few weeks afterwards.