• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Past life regression - Heal M.E

Seewell

Hey Wayne.I was wondering where you got to:).
======================================================================
Iquitos,thank you for the tips - Will give it a go for sure!.The akashic,yes i first heard about it through Chris Thomas.
Would be truly great to do that.
=====================================================================================
Freddd.I still havnt really looked into your posts in detail( not to great today),But i will ! Thanks for your input.and the links.The Ivan Osokin book sounds like a good read. Anyway theres plenty of time :whistle:

Seewell

This is how I did it:
I imagine the akashic library, which is where a "record" of everything that has ever happened (or will happen) is kept. For my own left-brain-oriented purposes I visualize this as a system of manila folders mounted on a track whereby files/folders can be moved in a circle on this track until the one I want comes in front of me.

Then I pick out the file I want. (In the case of the plr I mentioned before, I asked for the life that has most affected my physical health in this life.) The files go 'round the track until it stops in front of me and I pick out the one my hand intuitively grabs.

I open the file. Then a sort of video, sort of like movie trailers, begins with pertinent stages of that life revealed to me. For me this one ended shortly after I killed myself and someone who would have taken care of me finds my body and cries out that he would have cared for me if I had only asked. It's a very emotional "movie trailer", as I feel all the emotions of that life, until after I'm dead and I am looking down on my dead body, when I feel something like "what a waste - you didn't have to do that."

I have done other plr to find out why I don't/can't trust my mother and why she has such a special relationship with my brother. It helps to accept my assessment of the reality and to accept that there are reasons for things that are hard to understand with only the evidence of this life,without fixing blame. It also helps to know that karma will energetically balance everything in the long run.
Hi lquitos, I'm enjoying reading your posts here this morning. Your description of the akashic records is remarkably similar to other descriptions I've read. Thanks for sharing. -- Regarding karma balancing in the long run. I've come to believe there are a number of things we can do to turn long run karmic situations into much shorter ones. Karma situations we have with other Souls don't necessarily have to be worked out in a physical life. They can often be worked out in the dream state, and other ways as well. This can help resolve any and all karmic ties and release us from the necessity of further unnecessary lifetimes. -- Just my own perspective of course. :)

Hi Iquitos.It must have been overwhelming when you first found out you
had taken your life in the past.In that place you went to i have felt a couple of times(but have not got there fully) there is no judgement there,but only love.Thank you again for sharing that,very powerful.
==================================================================================

Karma,my thoughts have changed the more i have learnt.
But what feels right to me is - we keep coming back here again and again,playing out the same story over & over again until we finally wake up and get it ..Then may be if we have finally worked it all out,we move on to a higher existence(i do think we are not alone in this universe).
I Know in my own life i have gone through a couple of very difficult personal situations over the last five or so years(not m.e c/f/s related). I have learnt a great deal about myself through it, and hope (think) it has made me a better person..(Oh bollocks:confused:whoops) I know FEAR has pushed me closer to spirit in some ways.

(I had never thought about "working it out in the dream state")
=======================================================================
Or possibly there is no Karma,and the only one judging you is your higher self ?

Not sure still working on it:)

Iquitos

Hi Iquitos.It must have been overwhelming when you first found out you
had taken your life in the past.In that place you went to i have felt a couple of times(but have not got there fully) there is no judgement there,but only love.Thank you again for sharing that,very powerful.
==================================================================================

Karma,my thoughts have changed the more i have learnt.
But what feels right to me is - we keep coming back here again and again,playing out the same story over & over again until we finally wake up and get it ..Then may be if we have finally worked it all out,we move on to a higher existence(i do think we are not alone in this universe).
I Know in my own life i have gone through a couple of very difficult personal situations over the last five or so years(not m.e c/f/s related). I have learnt a great deal about myself through it, and hope (think) it has made me a better person..(Oh bollocks:confused:whoops) I know FEAR has pushed me closer to spirit in some ways.

(I had never thought about "working it out in the dream state")
=======================================================================
Or possibly there is no Karma,and the only one judging you is your higher self ?

Not sure still working on it:)

Seewell, it wasn't particularly overwhelming, I think because in the meditative state I am much less judgemental of myself and others. It was more of a "click!" - got it! The "message" was just ask the Universe (God, Tao, whatever you call it) and it will be provided. (In this case, someone to take care of me. There is such abundance and some people are willing to share.) And what you are provided may not be all that you hoped for or imagined but it's sufficient to the extent suicide is not necessary. Also, since I'd had that experience in another life, I didn't need it in this one.

Re: karma, yes I think when we "get it" we don't have to do those lessons (make those "mistakes") anymore. And I also believe that in some cases karmic ribbons can be burned/cancelled by grace and not only by actions. I don't think of karma as an outside entity (god?) judging us but rather as a balancing of energies, both negative and positive. Sort of a little book of merits and demerits that our souls keep, it's not about punishment but about getting square with anyone we've injured.

Re: working things out in the dream state, there is an interesting book called The World Is As You Dream It by John Perkins. It's about a lot of things, basically shamanic practices in the Amazon, but one thing it teaches is that we all live in a consensus reality and if we truly dream (not just fantasize) a different reality, we create it.

Like you, I'm still working on it. :)

maddietod

I wonder about time, and about our interconnectedness, a lot. When I find something in a previous life that seems related to this life, was that really "me?" Is it just a resonance between me and somebody else's experience that usefully informs me? Is it just a useful story I find that explains current feelings/beliefs with a metaphor that enables me to transcend?
I only care about results in the short term, but longer term, I want to avoid getting stuck in a limiting storyline. So lately I'm trying to avoid the explanation of what's going on, and just pay attention to what's happening.

I've never gotten results from regression. What I see hasn't connected with current experiences in useful ways. I have better luck with things like this:

This morning I realized I'd lost my joy. I remembered a photo of myself at about 7 years old, in a bathingsuit on a huge slab of rock, covered with seaweed. I was MadieMonster and I owned the world, and life was fun. So I held now-me and MadieMonster together in my mind and dropped into my heartspace and silence, and waited a minute or two for a shift. And then I suddenly wanted to listen to music (1st time in literally years), and I'm singing along......and life is pretty cool again.

Wayne

Re: karma, yes I think when we "get it" we don't have to do those lessons (make those "mistakes") anymore. And I also believe that in some cases karmic ribbons can be burned/cancelled by grace and not only by actions. I don't think of karma as an outside entity (god?) judging us but rather as a balancing of energies, both negative and positive. Sort of a little book of merits and demerits that our souls keep, it's not about punishment but about getting square with anyone we've injured.

Hi lquitos, nice summary. Very similar to my own takes. I think it's a common belief that karma is a punishment, or some sort of retribution. But I think it's much more accurate to say it's an imparting to an individual an important spiritual lesson or principle so that they can learn and grow from it. Once we "get it", we can then move on from a stuck state of consciousness. This is why I believe karma can be worked out in the dream state. Spiritual mentors who are assisting us can create all kinds of experiences for us in the dream state that will impart these spiritual lessons without having to go through the more cumbersome process of having everything come down to the physical level.

I also believe in merits and demerits as you mentioned. My own goal is to clear out the "demerit" side of the ledger. So often I see discussions on karma and reincarnation with a certain resignation that we will continue to go from life to life working things out. Though that may have been the case in our past, it doesn't have to be the case going forward. I tend to look at it like someone carrying a credit card or debt balance. There's generally a desire to pay it off, and be done with it. That's how I look at karmic patterns. I would like to resolve them, and be done with it, so I can gain a greater freedom, and not be compelled to come back unless it's my own choice.

golden

I like the Boddisatvas.

They choose to return. In fact they choose never to leave until all sentient beings are free from suffering.

How sweet :)

Wayne

I like the Boddisatvas. ...... They choose to return. In fact they choose never to leave until all sentient beings are free from suffering. ...... How sweet :)

Hi Golden (like your username BTW) :)

You bring up an important spiritual principle, which I believe touches on why we're all here to begin with. The gist as I understand it is that we're here to learn to align ourselves with Spirit at all times, and then serve our fellow human beings with love, kindness, compassion, and generosity. My own understanding is that as each individual attains freedom from their karmic patterns, they then have the choice to serve life along their own unique lines of interest.

Regarding the suffering that occurs in the process of getting our "spiritual education", the following is something I've come to believe (quote below). I know it would probably not set well with some who believe world peace is attainable, but it seems applicable to this thread. It actually took me some time to come to terms with this concept, but as I look at the world, it seems world peace will never occur as long as there is no peace within the hearts of all humanity.
The physical world is a world of turmoil and strife. Never shall there be any peace in it ... It is so designed ... that the worlds shall have nothing but strife for the good of each Soul who must dwell therein. For these worlds are the testing ground of Soul: the place it must spend its long periods of existence, creating perfection and spiritual maturity.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
You bring up an important spiritual principle, which I believe touches on why we're all here to begin with. The gist as I understand it is that we're here to learn to align ourselves with Spirit at all times, and then serve our fellow human beings with love, kindness, compassion, and generosity. My own understanding is that as each individual attains freedom from their karmic patterns, they then have the choice to serve life along their own unique lines of interest.

I never sit well with the lofty spiritual principles that are common in New Age circles. When people talk about "aligning themselves with spirit," and "serving our fellow human beings," what does that REALLY mean in practical everyday terms?

In my experience, what's really important as far as inner development goes is being honest and integral, being true to your word, keeping your promises, and being willing to stretch your own understanding of yourself when confronted with things that do not fit with the image of who you think you are. That's always a clincher, especially for those who define and identify themselves as "spiritual."

As far as "serving others," I think that being a good friend is probably the most significantly important way of expressing generosity, kindness and compassion. Though that's why good friendships are so rare. Most people are not able to deal with the conflicts that naturally arise in the course of a friendship, and the challenges for greater understanding and inner growth that these conflicts bring to the relationship. It's easier to just write the other person off as the "one with the problem," to wash one's hair of them (or clear one's aura :rolleyes:) , and be on on one's way. That's the norm in our culture, and we are all inclined in that direction. Real emotional generosity and compassion are a very rare thing. Most people can't even say the words "I'm sorry," and that doesn't bode well for greater spiritual awakening. If you look at the world, it is blazing proof of this kind of dynamic.

Along these lines, Jung has a quote I really like: “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable, and therefore not popular."

Seewell

Seewell, it wasn't particularly overwhelming, I think because in the meditative state I am much less judgemental of myself and others. It was more of a "click!" - got it! The "message" was just ask the Universe (God, Tao, whatever you call it) and it will be provided. (In this case, someone to take care of me. There is such abundance and some people are willing to share.) And what you are provided may not be all that you hoped for or imagined but it's sufficient to the extent suicide is not necessary. Also, since I'd had that experience in another life, I didn't need it in this one.

This is my last word on this(i do not wish to go over it again).I know if that was me i would have been
very emotional and overwhelmed!.
I SPOKE THOSE WORDS(above) FROM MY HEART,with no pretence, or ego

Re: working things out in the dream state, there is an interesting book called The World Is As You Dream It by John Perkins. It's about a lot of things, basically shamanic practices in the Amazon, but one thing it teaches is that we all live in a consensus reality and if we truly dream (not just fantasize) a different reality, we create it.

Like you, I'm still working on it. :)

I hear what you are saying,it is about forgiveness.("getting square").I am no angle.
Think i agree with you that karma is not external.I think we all have darkness inside us,as well as light.
If it was all light,we possibly would nt improve as a human being ,thats what i was trying to say before.

I will try to advance with my meditation,even if i do not,its made a great deal of difference to who i am.

Seewell

Thank you ALL, its been a interesting and learning experience.Im sorry if anyone has taken offence at my words,
I am not the best at communicating like this..