• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pharmaceutical grade supplements - trust them?

The really good supplements seem to be hard to find and I don't really comprehend this. If they are by prescription why do some vitamin stores carry them but not the big vitamin shops and health food stores?

Right now I take Pure Encapsulations but I am looking into others like Thorne, Allergy Research, etc that seem to be very good. I am just wary as to why I don't see these more widely available. How can I trust them if they are small companies?

Which "good" vitamin companies do you trust?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Thorne and Allergy Research Group are good. I don't know where you're looking but I see them on Amazon, Pureformulas.com. Just google them you'll find what you want.

Im more concerned that I don't see them in retail stores unless they are very specialty vitamin stores.Why aren't they in places like Whole Foods? If they are so limited they cant make much money and if they don't make much money how certain can we be we are getting good pure quality stuff?

Ema

Im more concerned that I don't see them in retail stores unless they are very specialty vitamin stores.Why aren't they in places like Whole Foods? If they are so limited they cant make much money and if they don't make much money how certain can we be we are getting good pure quality stuff?
They are mostly in doctor's offices where they are marked up handsomely.

I also think Thorne, Allergy Research and Douglas are reputable brands.