• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Plant Antivirals

JAM

Jill
@Gingergrrl I also have a low bp, but took the chance anyway. So far no problems. I figure that I could easily monitor on my own and stop if there were any problems. If anything it has normalized a bit.

sianrecovery

I respond well to OLE, and have low blood pressure. Hey, Slicky - with your kid -my ME doc recently suggested to me to try a medinose type device - infra red light in the nostrils x 3 daily. They market them for allergies and they are cheap and easy to use. I was v sceptical, but it does actually seem to work to reduce my viral symptoms. She might find it funny to see her nose glowing red too... I will try and find the link to her website and post.

Gingergrrl

@Gingergrrl I also have a low bp, but took the chance anyway. So far no problems. I figure that I could easily monitor on my own and stop if there were any problems. If anything it has normalized a bit.

@JAM How low does your BP get? I just learned that mine goes a lot lower than I'd thought plus I have to take Atenolol for tachycardia so I am afraid if I tried Olive Leaf Extract that it would really go too low. Otherwise, I would love to try it!

JAM

Jill
The nurses try three cuffs because I should be dead, low. lol My suggestion would be to try it at a moderate dose and see if you get a herx reaction in the first week, while taking your bp a few times a day to make sure it doesn't get lower. If you don't herx the first week it probably isn't going to be effective anyway. From the few people I've talked to who have low bp and take OLE, bp seems to regulate their bp. It seems to do that for people with low and high bp. It is just that high bp is more common, so everyone talks about it lowering.

Rlman

I kept her on the lomatium and the full protocol until 8-16-14, then I stopped the lomatium, and red root. We are taking a break for now from the lomatium, licorice, and isatis. I adjusted everything to fit within a three times a day dosing. We will likely restart some of this stuff later. I want her liver to have a break from the harsher stuff.

She is doing pretty well right now. Not a ton of energy or motivation, but overall pretty good. We are going to the coast for 5 days soon, so I will see how she does there.

Hi Slicky, just want to let you know that essential oils used topically or ingested have also seemed to help lots of people with their infections. EOs are powerful though, so may produce a herx. Also have you looked into parasites? Many people with autistic kids (don't remember re PANDAS) have found clearing parasites helped a lot. Kelly Riveira has one protocol, also simon yu, klinghardt.

Gingergrrl

The nurses try three cuffs because I should be dead, low. lol My suggestion would be to try it at a moderate dose and see if you get a herx reaction in the first week, while taking your bp a few times a day to make sure it doesn't get lower. If you don't herx the first week it probably isn't going to be effective anyway. From the few people I've talked to who have low bp and take OLE, bp seems to regulate their bp. It seems to do that for people with low and high bp. It is just that high bp is more common, so everyone talks about it lowering.

@JAM for now I am afraid to try OLE as my doctor is trying really hard to increase my BP with Midodrine and I don't want to do anything that could confound the numbers. But I am very curious to hear how you continue to do on it and if it ends up lowering your BP vs. stabilizing it. Thanks for the info.

On 4-7-14 kiddos lab results were:

Coxsackie A7 1:160 Neg <1:10

Coxsackie A16 1:160 Neg <1:10

Coxsackie A24 1:160 Neg <1:10

HHV-6 10.54 positive > 0.99

EBV >600 positive > 21.9

On 9-26-14 Kiddos labs were:

Coxsackie A7 Negative Neg <1:10

Coxsackie A16 Negative Neg <1:10

Coxsackie A24 Negative Neg <1:10

HHV-6 4.71 positive > 0.99

EBV >600 positive > 21.9

I suspect her EBV is going down as well, but it was likely soooooo high the numbers are simply not below 600 yet.

We have been following Steven Buhner's EBV protocol alternating Isatis 30 days and then Lomatium for 60 days, otherwise pretty much at full doses as he recommends. She appears to have more energy and fewer episodes.

During this time we titrated completely off zithromax and augmentin but added low doses of minocycline.

I wanted to pass on the great news
smile.png

Last edited:
Hi Slicky, just want to let you know that essential oils used topically or ingested have also seemed to help lots of people with their infections. EOs are powerful though, so may produce a herx. Also have you looked into parasites? Many people with autistic kids (don't remember re PANDAS) have found clearing parasites helped a lot. Kelly Riveira has one protocol, also simon yu, klinghardt.

We addressed parasites with a Black Walnut complex, mebendazole and albendazole....so likely (hopefully) we are good there. I just posted an update on kiddos titers and overall well being. We have not tried EO yet, but might if I cannot get her EBV down with what we are using. I am willing to stick out what we are doing now for the full year (and maybe more) since we have seen great improvements already in the 4 months.