• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

POTS or IST?

I was diagnosed with POTS after a tilt table test but I am not sure my symptoms fit POTS. Does anyone else with POTS experience rapid heart rate when they just move? Mine can go up 30 beats from just rolling over in bed.

many people with pots experience that and also some which doesnt have pots (or so it seems) but have heart problems, other dysautonomia such as mvp.
anyway i also experience that.
i read some possibility of it is dysautonomia or the blood flow or the structural changes to/of the heart (i forgot the explanation but a doctor said it) etc unfortunately i didnt bookmark what ive read so cant copy it.
i and a few people also mention that its odd to them cause its on supine position which doesnt seem to fit pots which triggers by the upright position and blood pulling to the leg.
anyone find any theory refer to it?

Last edited: