• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PR Firm Will Spread the Word About M.E. : CFS Central

Nielk

http://www.cfscentral.com/2015/01/pr-agency-will-spread-word-about-me.html

ME Advocacy, which patient advocate Mary Ann Kindel launched last spring, has raised more than $6,300 so far to hire public-relations agency Crowds on Demand to get the word out about ME. To meet the February goal of another $3,700, patients can donate by midnight January 21st. ME Advocacy’s plan is to raise $26,400 over the next six months, which will cover the PR firm’s costs of $4,400 a month.

With this money, Crowds on Demand will: organize and hire protesters at events; place articles in the media, from print and online to radio and TV; meet with policymakers in Congress to find champions for ME; help with fundraising.
continue HERE

SOC

With this money, Crowds on Demand will: organize and hire protesters at events; place articles in the media, from print and online to radio and TV; meet with policymakers in Congress to find champions for ME; help with fundraising.
Hire protesters? Protesters are not sincere advocates? o_O How does one qualify for the "job" of protester? Does one have to know anything about the issue one is protesting about? That sounds so weird to me.

This is why I am not a PR person... or a politician. :p

Otherwise, this sounds like a great plan. I hope it's successful.

Valentijn

Hire protesters? Protesters are not sincere advocates? o_O How does one qualify for the "job" of protester? Does one have to know anything about the issue one is protesting about? That sounds so weird to me.

This is why I am not a PR person... or a politician. :p

Otherwise, this sounds like a great plan. I hope it's successful.
I think the general idea (discussed on another thread) is that the hired protesters would be serving as obvious surrogates, rather than pretending to be patients. Which I'm totally fine with, especially with a disease which keeps us off the streets.

taniaaust1

Hiring protesters is a great idea seeing we cant do things like that ourselves. Even hired ones one can say are protesting about our situation.

Getting ourselves heard and advocatng ME/CFS, is just as important as putting money into research.. as if we are silent.. we will never get governments to put in more research money etc into this illness and the public wont be donating to our research causes either.

PNR2008

If you can't clean house then you hire someone to do it. If you can't protest this disease and lack of funding then hire protestors. If lobbyists can't do a good job then you get rid of them.

Donate so we can clean house.