• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Quantitative EEG Study Shows Why Clonapin Could be Bad for Us

Gamboa

Been "off-line" for a bit. I am now no longer taking Clonapin (Klonapin, Clonazapan whatever....). I am happy to say I had no problems stopping it after gradually reducing by breaking the pill into halves, then quarters, then taking it every second night then finally not at all.

I am feeling much better during the days now: not nearly as groggy and in a stupor as I was before. What I was assuming was my ME/CFS getting worse appears now to have been the effect of the Clonapin. The problem I am having, which isn't a surprise, is that I now have insomnia again and that it seems to be even worse. I bought some melatonin but then read that that may be bad for us. I also bought a natural sleep aid containing hops, passionflower and chamomile but I haven't researched that yet. I tried the melatonin and herbal meds for a week and it seemed to work but then when I stopped I had a terrible night again. Still, even with a bad night every few nights, followed by a bad day or two, I am still feeling better, so I am glad I went off the Clonapin.