• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Question on Inosine

PDXhausted

I've been on Equilibrant about 2 months now and have seen some small but noticeable improvements. When I first started it and each time I increased my dose, I felt worse the first day then gradually better over time. I'm only at 1/2 pill per day but hesitant to increase more because its throwing my hormones out of balance.

I started a small amount of inosine today and had a pretty significant negative reaction-- extreme sound sensitivity affecting my autonomic nervous system.

My question is for those on inosine: is it similar to Equilibrant where it's expected to cause an initial negative reaction followed by a positive reaction? Or is a negative reaction a sign to avoid it?

I'll put in a call to Dr. Chia soon but just thought I'd see what others have experienced.

Side note: I had an extreme light sensitivity with Valtrex which caused me to discontinue, and some initial mild increased sound/light sensitivity with Equilibrant which went away and actually improved after a while. It seems whatever I'm fighting is messing with brain/sensory nerves.

SOC

Just a thought --
Wouldn't temporary light or sound sensitivity be better than having a serious infection running rampant in your body indefinitely? Isn't it likely that some of these neurological issues will clear up as the infections clear up? Or is there something else going on?

ukxmrv

I tried Imunovir (inosine pranobex) and Valtrex and not suffered any side effects. There were improvements to my health and no sign of any possible Herx type reactions and nothing new or strange.

It could be a side effect of the Inosine but I've not heard of that one. It's mainly been gastro effects. You do seem to be getting consistent reactions in your nervous system and I'm relived to hear that for you they seem to resolve.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Inosine is like Immunovir or Isoprinosine which are different than Equlibrant. I took a course of Isoprinosine and don't think I had any real problems but when I started on Cycloferon, I felt like I was going to die for about 5 days.

Isoprinosine is an immune modulator/interferon inducer so it is possible that you felt really bad at first with the Inosine and after you get used to it you will be ok. It could take a few days.