• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Reasons I get to treat myself today

Dainty

I was sitting here justifying in my head why I've earned the "indulgence" of taking it easy and doing whatever I want/need in that moment, and I thought it would be fun to start a thread on it.

Today's reasons:
  • I did a huge amount yesterday. I'm entitled to recover from that.
  • I've accomplished a lot already. No need to do more right this minute (or hour, or day...)
  • A friend told me to.
  • If I rest now I might get the chance to play with my bunny later.
  • I need to cancel out those years of depravity and suffering with a little enjoyment/relief.
And with that, I am off. :)

Dainty

We need a picture of your bunny!

Indeed, that is an oversight I must rectify. Will start another thread for that.

In the meantime...does everyone else find it so easy to treat themselves that they don't need to list reasons to do it?? :p Aww, c'mon, don't tell me I'm the only one...

Last edited:

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
@Dainty,

I try to remind myself that resting is a necessary part of my treatment plan, not an indulgence, for my current situation. I have a quote in my signature that I use whenever I feel like taking some much needed rest is "doing nothing" or "being lazy." Here's a larger version:

It might look like I'm doing nothing ... but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.

PS. Bunny! Awwww.... just the thought of it is making me happy. :) No hurry, of course, but I also would love to see a photo.

Dainty

Bunny thread posted! :)

@Dainty,

I try to remind myself that resting is a necessary part of my treatment plan, not an indulgence, for my current situation. I have a quote in my signature that I use whenever I feel like taking some much needed rest is "doing nothing" or "being lazy." Here's a larger version:

It might look like I'm doing nothing ... but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.

I love that quote! And yes, it's an absolutely crucial part of my recovery as well. I guess the problem I find is that it feels like an indulgence even though it isn't one. Getting myself to slow down and do the things that "normal" people consider indulgences often takes work and intentional reasoning, and sometimes I need a little more of a push than the thought that I won't heal otherwise. (Maybe that's totally weird, I don't know...)