• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Results of MRI with contrast show Venous Vascular Malformations- Signigicant to CFS/ME or not?

chilove

Hi guys,

My recent MRI results show venous vascular malformations in the right cerebral cortex. Does anyone know if these could be contributing. to CFS/ME? My neuro symptoms include EMF sensitivity and buzzing in the ears. I also have LGS and the MTHFR mutation.

Thanks all!

Audrey

Last edited:

Martial

Apparently its something people are born with and can show up randomly with age .. interesting though.. Basically a pooling or shunt of excess lymphodes, or blood

Martial

I'd stay on top of something like that though... Having excess blood in different areas of the brain could seemingly lead to pressure on different parts of the brain. I suppose whatever the doctor says to be safe with it.. Most cases seem benign apparently.