• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rich------Suggestions for CBS Mutation

greenshots

I have the complete mutation so yes, it helped me alott! But my doc said she only recommends it for certain cases, not for all CBS upregulations.

Hi Greenshots,

I am just starting my CBS/methylation "journey," and money is tight. Based on your experience, do you feel the CBS rna is a necessary component to CBS treatment? Could you feel a difference from it?

Thanks!

Susan

Oh, ok great, thanks! Ok, I do need a doctor one of these days. I saw you posted your doctor's information on another thread. When I have the funds I am going to see if he/she does phone consults (in Hawaii). Thank you for your posts.

Hi all,
Three days ago I started to take molybden and manganese and I stopped eating sulfur-containing foods. Ornithin I've taken already in the last two weeks. I've got only CBS360+/- and BHMTs+/- and both MTHFR +/- . But I consumed quite lots of chlorella and DMSA in the last two years and liked to eat sulfur-containing
foods. I decided to have a look at CBS because I had to strong reactions to just really little amounts of methyl-donors (creating meningitis-like symptoms in the head)
Now I am waking up in the morning with headache already (my regular symptoms are in the brain, especially inflammation it seems, but normally it develops over the day and does not get that strong).My eyes now hurt when I roll them...

Is it normal to get symptoms from working on the CBS/sulfuration pathway??

?? :) Prema

caledonia

Hi all,
Three days ago I started to take molybden and manganese and I stopped eating sulfur-containing foods. Ornithin I've taken already in the last two weeks. I've got only CBS360+/- and BHMTs+/- and both MTHFR +/- . But I consumed quite lots of chlorella and DMSA in the last two years and liked to eat sulfur-containing
foods. I decided to have a look at CBS because I had to strong reactions to just really little amounts of methyl-donors (creating meningitis-like symptoms in the head)
Now I am waking up in the morning with headache already (my regular symptoms are in the brain, especially inflammation it seems, but normally it develops over the day and does not get that strong).My eyes now hurt when I roll them...

Is it normal to get symptoms from working on the CBS/sulfuration pathway??

?? :) Prema

I didn't have any symptoms from working on CBS, but I've heard of people having a reaction from copper dumping or some such.

How much moly are you taking? It's possible to over do it and create the opposite problem - not enough sulfur which could create symptoms. 75mcg is safe, 500 mcg may not be.

A reaction to a supplement could be a possibility too. There are other supps you can take - see the Heartfixer page linked in my signature for a good CBS protocol.

In general, you want to Start Low and Go Slow, add one supp at a time to gauge any reactions good or bad. See the Start Low and Go Slow document in my signature links.

Star-Anise

@Prema
Yes as you are detoxing sulphur it cause problems that you would normally associate with detox, like headache. Like Caledonia said you have to start with low doses of the molybdenum & manganese & also look at using charcoal/magnesium to help move everything out. S

Yes, moly is 500mcg. I guess I can put part of the capsule's content into water to drink(?). Manganese is 10mg.

Copper dumping sounds interesting. I always got much too high levels of copper: in hair, in blood, after DMPS/DMSA... Only in the last three weeks I took up taking more zinc again. Somewhere I read that CFS-people might have a probleme with zinc, not being able to tolerate it, I wonder what that's about? (the kinesiological test had shown rejection of zinc-sup., which I finally ignored).
Thanks, Prema

npeden

NPeden, Monterey, CA
Do you feel the 23andme was worth the money and effort (converting to Yasko)? I am thinking about the 23andme but concerned about being able to interpret results.
Roxie, I like 23&me for a start. But I have spent money on a genetic naturopath and now a genetic nutritionist who is really helping me. I am not on my compter so I cannot see but I think the 23&me links to snpedia are hot so that is nice. I am not a great Yasko fan but I do love her hydroxy b12. If you want any more advice I am at www.livedlearning.net