• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rocephin shots

physicsstudent13

maybe I am tired and foggy because the ceftriaxone was transporting glutamate out of my brain which normally takes ATP energy. I'd guess the problem is that the sleep apnea is causing hypoxic injury and the glutamate pumps are unable to function causing excitotoxicity.
I think what happened is my hypoxia from sleep apnea is so bad that it destroys and damages glutamate filled neurons so that they spill glutamate into the extracelluar fluid (along with damaging the glutamate transport); so I end up with horrid exhaustion and fog that lasts 2 days and it happens every night.
to some degree I think sam-E can ameliorate my symptoms of fog along with high dose vitamin B it seems. but if I don't treat the underlying hypoxia from sleep apnea my brain will still continue to be damaged

I wonder how this is related to neuron electrical potential

Last edited:

vli

dare i say that if i could take rocephin forever, i would be cured of CFS
Hi @Daffodil and @lizw118,

I hope you don't mind me asking this. As far as I can tell from this thread, the improvements you both saw on Rocephin were cognitive/neuroinflammation-related, correct? But what about energy, i.e. physical exertion? Did you find increases in physical energy?

lizw118

I hope you don't mind me asking this. As far as I can tell from this thread, the improvements you both saw on Rocephin were cognitive/neuroinflammation-related, correct? But what about energy, i.e. physical exertion? Did you find increases in physical energy?

I did get a boost in energy. Basically anytime I have improvements with neuro, I have some energy improvements as well. But I feel the need to emphasize that for me the benefits of Rocephin are temporary. I just started shots again and I did see improvements with the first shot, but after the second week I am pretty much getting back down to where I was before. So at least for me I don't know that Rocephin is a long-term solution. I wish there was another treatment that was as powerful as the very first shot of Rocephin.
One detail re dosage: my doctor does two doses of 500 mg when he wants to do one gram of Rocephin. He says one gram is too much for one injection site. Just fyi. He says he notices the benefits lasting longer for patients when they get one gram. This go round I am only taking 500 mg, but the effects wear off after 4 days.

physicsstudent13

my neck is still swollen I wish I could continue rocephin now to clear up any infection in my neck and lymph nodes. I was just so disabled that I didn't notice how numb my head had become, but it is very scary to lose blood flow to your head for some bizarre reason/disease

Last edited:

physicsstudent13

I have really moved down to a lower energy level in the distribution and it seems like I have serious exhaustion after running out of precious rocephin. I had no side effects except the pale stools.
I'm not sure if what I have is sleep apnea from a brain lesion or lyme's disease

I also noticed these Bartonella streaks which are indented on my sides appear?? doctors told me that this was just fat or something. I also had the raised red blood blister, lymphocytoma for a while

It's terrible to have your heart damaged by this disease
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrioventricular_block

Last edited:

physicsstudent13

I also have a chest xray with a calcified granuloma...Is that from Lyme's or Bartonella???
So basically the Lyme's spirochetes burrow into your heart and brain???
I also have knee pain and TB bloody sputum and chills and elevated WBC. I had right branch bundle blockage which is a serious electrical conduction problem or block in the heart on EKG, but I needed to have many REPEATED EKGS to find this
I tested positive for pseudomonas luteola and staphylococcus but the terrible doctors wouldn't treat it or my serious intestinal infection

Last edited:

physicsstudent13

I don't know what happened, they were supposed to admit me to the hospital for an MRI. and then later I thought I had a stroke from hypoxia. I couldn't understand what people were saying I was so foggy and couldn't pronounce words

I'm still trying to reduce my neuro inflammation now and decrease brain fog from respiratory hypoxia and sleep apnea/asthma/possible tuberculosis and it seems that prednisone isn't a good idea since it raises blood sugar. Maybe metformin is useful too in increasing neurogenesis

Last edited:

Daffodil

hi vli. no there were no improvements in those things yet but i feel like it would have happened later...but then again, the rocephin would have probably stopped working as it often does, so who knows?

there is a strong possibility, as one researcher suggested, that since rocephin is so strong and so wide-spectrum, it was targeting gut bacteria, translocated gut bacteria, etc etc.

once, xifaxan resulted in near-recovery for a week for me, and this antibiotic acts only in the gut and does not enter the bloodstream....so definitely some gut involvement.

physicsstudent13

xifaxan is also effective for hepatic encephalopathy. I have damage from fatty liver disease already and after my surgery I was so exhausted and bedridden and had terribly slowed cognition
with high AST ALT like 160/520

Last edited:

physicsstudent13

if we have improvement in heart function doesn't that mean we have endocarditis or pericarditis or some serious heart infection like from Lyme and coinfections?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Thanks @Hip - its the sky broadband blocking it. I have to register to unblock the site!!

Have you tried it