• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Royal Free 'Fatigue' clinic, London

Esther12

I've heard bad things, but that was a while back. I think it is supervised by White, and that has to be a bad sign.

There was a paper on self-reported outcomes which found pretty poor results for NHS services generally (although written by those with a vested interest in them, so the paper is pretty positive): http://qjmed.oxfordjournals.org/content/106/6/555

Also, those centres providing GET over activity management did worse overall - while White's centre at Barts provides GET and claims to have had the best results. Presumably this means that the other centres providing GET had truly terrible results - but it's hard to say for sure as a lot of information has not been released (unless it can be used to promote services!).

The Sussex and Kent ME/CFS society is run by someone who really doesn't seem very bright, and is consistently supportive of authority. They could be one of the reasons why the service has a bad reputation.

Last edited:

Raines

Seize. Eggs. I don't know. Zebra. Eighties.
Thanks, while looking for information about this clinc I have only found the same press relesase type information over and over again.
Its seems hard to find any other information at all.
You'd think that with 4000 referrals I could find some reviews of the place.