• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

safe sleep aids

ahmo

@kisekishiawase
i-dunno.gif
sorry.
flower-smiley.gif

@ahmo :D its ok its a new info to me i will find out more info about it.

Anyone with tachy, palp problem have safe inducing sleep aids? :( Other than benzo/gaba stuff (need to find different types of pills to rotate)

I have regular melatonin but i read its for reseting circadian not to induce sleep. Also last time i try 0.5mg only got headache.

Last edited:

A zombie

@brenda I used this, from iherb (the url is incomplete, much longer...): http://www.iherb.com/Ultra-Glandular-Enterprises-Raw-Pituitary-

@kisekishiawase I had terrible insomnia for most of my years with ME. I used a variety of herbal things, and for some periods of time low dose Klonopin. When the Klonopin was again causing me histamine issues, I tried the pituitary. There's some direct involvement of pituitary gland on sleep. Melatonin never did anything for me. GABA and glycine were somewhat helpful

It was also clear to me from my neurological symptoms that my hypothalamus was suffering from the very onset of ME. When I started taking the glandular, much of my hyperactive nervous system calmed. It would be another year before I quit gluten and dairy and had an enormous shift in my levels of over-reaction to sounds, light, heat, emotional stress.

And, not that you've asked, I began adrenals when using licorice or low dose cortef no longer helped, but made things worse. In each of these cases it seemed that my body was better able to assimilate the whole glandular substance, even though it's from an animal, than to work with the substances I was giving it. This might be the same for your heart, that thes\se would be better tolerated, but I don't know. I now think that had a lot to do with my liver and adrenal health. Nine months ago I experienced a massive clearing of toxins from my adrenals. From then on I haven't needed any of the glandulars.

And once my B12/folate levels were corrected, my life-long tendency toward insomnia, which had become acute and horrible, evaporated. I now go to sleep easily and most usually stay asleep. And when I wake, I can almost always easily return to sleep. Sorry to sound smug on a thread about difficulty sleeping:smug::rolleyes:. Sleeping is such a gift!
we were talking recently in another thread about folate. I see to not be able to tolerate it, have you heard of folininc acid? could this possibly work?i'm LOW in many my b's.
i too have a terrible time with sleep. I just purchased glycine today to add it to my mix.
i'm desperate to get of benzos and get some real sleep