• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Sammanställning av de metodologiska problemen i KBT/GET-studierna" (Swedish)

Sean

Power is not a means, it's an end.

No doubt to some.

To me it is just a tool. To be used only as required.

------------

No one in the trial returned to work.

That is a damn good public relations line. Everybody can understand it, and it forces people to ask the next question: why? :thumbsup:

Coupled with the facts that welfare/insurance use increased slightly*, and there were no clinically significant improvements on any other objective measure, it doesn't leave them much wiggle room.

*"Receipt of benefits due to illness or disability increased slightly from baseline to follow-up."
McCrone, et al, 2012

anciendaze

The real, solid objective result of PACE was that psychologists, psychiatrists and medical doctors were able to control spending of five million pounds to advance their own interests.

No one in the trial returned to work.

That is a damn good public relations line. Everybody can understand it, and it forces people to ask the next question: why? :thumbsup:

Coupled with the facts that welfare/insurance use increased slightly*, and there were no clinically significant improvements on any other objective measure, it doesn't leave them much wiggle room.

*"Receipt of benefits due to illness or disability increased slightly from baseline to follow-up."
McCrone, et al, 2012

I'd be surprised if that were true. CBT and GET did not lead to improvements in employment rates, but given the number of people involved it seems likely that some did return to work, some left, etc.

Just about to read the English comment Anne linked to now.

Sean

I'd be surprised if that were true. CBT and GET did not lead to improvements in employment rates,
That is what I took it to mean: there was no net increase in employment.

But you are right, they are subtly different statements, and we need to be aware of that.