• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Severe altered consciousness

wastwater

I used to joke my syndrome could be called chronically f***ed syndrome or six pint syndrome now I just say I feel like im addled by something

Aerose91

I used to joke my syndrome could be called chronically f***ed syndrome or six pint syndrome now I just say I feel like im addled by something

Lol, I like it. The best way I describe it to someone is I feel like I've been heavily poisoned. I know I haven't, i just feel like this is what poisoning would be like

November Girl

I apologize if you've already mentioned this. Have you been evaluated for a seizure disorder? Mine was under-treated for 20 years. It masked the absence seizures, but my brain kept having seizures that I didn't recognize. It's amazing how much my brain has healed in the few years that the seizures have been under control.

wastwater

I had wondered about this for myself,absence seizures,but it seems to be impossible to get tested for anything here.I got a non professional to do a crude eeg and it showed some problem with left temporal lobe but it wasn't followed up as it wasn't nhs approved the place I visited.

November Girl

left temporal lobe was where mine initially showed up. In my case a major motor vehicle accident either caused the seizure disorder, or accelerated to the point that I had absence seizures. A seizure is an electrical storm in your brain. It doesn't always produce obvious symptoms, though sensory hallucinations are common. e.g. feeling that a limb is much larger than it actually is

wastwater

What do you use to control the seizures and if its medication are there any side effects

wastwater

Mine was likely a viral injury or reaction to virus,immune injury.Measels (vaccine) may of caused sensori neural left sided deafness too.ADEM was mentioned Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis

Last edited:

Aerose91

I apologize if you've already mentioned this. Have you been evaluated for a seizure disorder? Mine was under-treated for 20 years. It masked the absence seizures, but my brain kept having seizures that I didn't recognize. It's amazing how much my brain has healed in the few years that the seizures have been under control.

I'm nit sire TBH. I've had 2 eeg's and a couple MRIs and we'll as a SPECT. the MRIs were clean but the EEG's showed significant slowing and the SPECT showed lots and lots of hypoperfusion. Despite feeling like I've had a couple seizures no one has told me they suspected that.