• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Shop for the holidays and donate to OMF at the same time!

Gingergrrl

I wrote the following paragraphs for OMF's newsletter and social media sites and wanted to share it here on PR as well. If for some reason anyone tries the links and they don't work, please let me know.
-
-
-

"With the holidays quickly approaching, there are two organizations that have created a way that you can make your on-line purchases and donate to the Open Medicine Foundation (OMF) at the same time! One is called AmazonSmile and the other is iGive.

AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.

Open Medicine Foundation (OMF) has teamed up with AmazonSmile and if you click on this link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-4712664 it will take you directly to the OMF page.

iGive.com is an internet company whose goal is to enable the economic power of individuals to benefit their chosen charities and communities. iGive has 1559 participating stores so when you shop at your favorite stores on-line, iGive will donate to your favorite cause. Donations vary from 5% to 20% depending on the store and purchase.

OMF has also teamed up with iGive and if you click the link: http://www.iGive.com/OpenMedicineFoundation/?p=19992&jltest=1 it will take you directly to iGive and you can sign-up and start helping OMF every time you shop!"
-
-
-

So... please use AmazonSmile and/or iGive when you shop for holiday gifts (or other purchases!) and a portion will be donated to OMF. Myself, and many others on PR, receive our treatment there and they are raising funds for the End ME/CFS Project which has established a phenomenal team of researchers who are working to find a cure for ME/CFS. Thanks to all who use these links and donate!

Gingergrrl

I wanted to add in case anyone wants to make a direct donation to the End ME/CFS Project (without going through AmazonSmile or iGive) here is the info:

Open Medicine Foundation
c/o Linda Tannenbaum
29302 Laro Drive
Agoura Hills, CA 91301