• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Should we have a poll on resistant starch?

jepps

It´s a good idea, Sasha. But maybe we should wait longer, as the RS-thread is very new, and RS for CFS is a long term treatment, which includes the full gut programme for supporting the immune systeme.

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
It´s a good idea, Sasha. But maybe we should longer, as the RS-thread is very new, and RS for CFS is a long term treatment, which includes the full gut programme for supporting the immune systeme.

Thanks, jepps - I think the problem, though, is that there isn't a standard programme for us to look at.

I had hoped to be able to establish a very straw poll-ish success rate for RS with a view to presenting it to our clinicians to see if they thought it might be worth pursuing but I think the picture is going to be far too unclear for that.

I'd like to see a standard protocol (one that can nevertheless be personalised, so that it starts with a battery of tests and then you follow a protocol that is standard but whose components depend on the testing) for gut health in PWME tested in a clinical trial. One day, maybe. Maybe that might be an outcome of Dr Lipkin's study (the one in my signature).

ahmo

I'm posting here, and then going to the other, newer RS thread. Something remarkable has happened, and I think it has to be the addition of LAG. I started about mid-July, w/ my probiotics. I'm unable to use fermented food, nor other forms of RS. It seems that in this 6-8 week period something has indeed shifted. For some days now I've needed less potassium, aminos, butyrate, ox bile....and I've been feeling brighter. wow.:jaw-drop:

sillysocks84

@ahmo green banana is a form of rs, isn't it? So are you seeing better benefits than you were with the LAG and/or others? Thanks for sharing.

ahmo

Yes, green banana is rs. I can't say I'm seeing results. I can only say, that I'm doing it, my body prefers this form. My gut and bowel movements have been good for some months. I can't attribute this directly to rs, but possibly there's a role.