• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sleep aid suggestion

cman89

Anybody had luck with a combination of St. John's wort and Melatonin for sleep help? Or maybe some other Antidepressant type plus Melatonin?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have about 10 things I take. I alternate nights and never take the same thing more than 2 nights in a row. OTC does not work at all for me.

I have Trazodone, Ambien, Doxepin, Seroquel, Oxazepam, Halcion, Tylenol 3, 2 OTC antihistamines Phenibut, I forget what else. I do have Melatonin. I'm not sure if it works but I'm afraid not to take it.

Anything you take every night you're going to have tolerance issues. That is why alternating things is the way to go to avoid that. You have to find a doc who will work with you to find various combinations.

cman89

Hmmm, OTC is great for me, and I actually have been sleeping more and getting groggier with the herb plus melatonin. Ambien I used for a week. Wore off in three days. Switched to valerian plus melatonin. That did help. A lot

*GG*

I have about 10 things I take. I alternate nights and never take the same thing more than 2 nights in a row. OTC does not work at all for me.

I have Trazodone, Ambien, Doxepin, Seroquel, Oxazepam, Halcion, Tylenol 3, 2 OTC antihistamines Phenibut, I forget what else. I do have Melatonin. I'm not sure if it works but I'm afraid not to take it.

Anything you take every night you're going to have tolerance issues. That is why alternating things is the way to go to avoid that. You have to find a doc who will work with you to find various combinations.

I was on Trazadone, quit working for me, tried Doxepin, did not work at all! I have been on Remeron since late 2009, using top dosage now most nights. Looks like I should try alternating, perhaps incorporate that Phenibut stuff. I have been taking 3mg of Melatonin for years also!

GG

JAM

Jill
Kava works well for some. Just be careful with the dose because at very high doses it can damage the liver.