• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Staph and Increased sensitivities to everything after cholestyramine

Hi everybody.

So I'd been trying detox and fairly extreme mold avoidance with a friend in Montana. But all my sensitivities kept increasing. I was at the point where I couldn't touch anything but one set of clothes without setting off brain inflammation.

I've since stopped detoxing and am back at home in Manitoba. I've also since been treating for nasal staph with neti pot treatments and herbs as per Stephen Buhner's protocol. My sensitivities have come down some but not enough I can really go in stores or anything.

Can my increased sensitivities be the result of my body poorly fighting a staph infection (I had a pretty intense staph infection prior to bring sick two years ago. Right after the antibiotics everything got really bad)? Is it necessarily the mold toxins ramping up my immune system? Another infection?

I'm assuming all of this had to do with low vip or msh but I can't afford those tests (and nor do I have access to them under Canadian health care).

Any help would be swell.

Aileen

did you use any probiotics during or after antibiotic treatment? It could be a problem with gut microbes - either missing some good ones ,or too much of the wrong kind, or the right kind in the wrong place