• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stopping B12 to go n Methylation

cman89

I have been on a methylation trial before, and it seemed to help. I ran out of b12 and stopped, to see if I would notice much of a change. I have been sporadically supplementing the Jarrow b complex recommended by Fredd, w/o the b12 extras. That being said, how long should I stay off the b complex if at all, before reintroducing the extra b12? Is there any interference?

Martial

just reduce the amounts in the b complex by splitting pills/ emptying caps. Never take more then 10mg tops of the other b vitamins along with b12 and methyl folate. Otherwise there is that impossible to keep potassium demand. Methyl b12 and Methyl folate is non toxic in high doses, I would be careful not to take too much of the other ones though, even moderate doses over time begin to add up like taking too much b6. B 2 is kind of an exception in that high dose folate blocks absorption of it. I was told by someone else that it would not be more then 50mg for the b2 at most. I don't mean to sound overtly cautious about dosages, just putting the information out there as its not as things like b 6 toxicity are not as known to most as I would imagine.

pela

as far as I can tell Jarrow B complex still contains folic acid and is therefore has not been recommended by Freddd
for quite a while. Sorry you read outdated information.