• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sundance Institute has selected 'Canary in a Coal Mine' as a Documentary Film Program Grantee

Soundthealarm21

I'm thrilled to announce that Canary in a Coal Mine has been chosen as a Sundance Institute Documentary Film Program grantee. We are one of 44 projects selected from over 600 applications from 69 countries around the world.

The Sundance Institute is non-profit organization that provides creative and financial support to filmmakers and independent artists developing original stories for screen and stage. Among its many events, it hosts the Sundance Film Festival each year in Park City, Utah, one of the country's premiere venues for independent film.

With this grant comes the opportunity for a working relationship with Sundance throughout the rest of the production of the film, as well as opportunities to participate in fellowships and workshops with leading filmmakers.

You can read about some of the other projects being supported this cycle. We are in some incredible company! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152331427833515.1073741870.7148723514

We who have been made voiceless and invisible for too long know the power and importance of our story. To change minds in the larger world, however, we must reach beyond our community to inspire and motivate to action an even wider circle of allies. The support of the Sundance Institute will greatly help our efforts to bring Canary to the widest possible audience.

My thanks to all of you for believing in this film. We still have a very long way to go, but I am amazed at how far we have already come, together.

https://www.facebook.com/canaryfilm...41826.224225441048530/425857297552009/?type=1

Last edited by a moderator:

Gingergrrl

That is awesome and congrats to Jen Brea!!! I couldn't read all the links but does anyone know when this film will be available for the public to see?