• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

swollen throat, bad sleep, CFS wrse aftr rtxn

Whit

swollen throat

Not Sore. swollen. Maybe swollen bfore rtxn but much worse after. , it's been 8 months on rtxn and over two months since last infusion.

Causing (worse) apnea. Had a home sleep study and apnea is significant.

Anyone else? Any ideas?

gargle with salt water helps the swollen throat a bit.

This seems to help as well:

http://www.1cascade.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=4333

Will try this next:

http://www.1cascade.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=2726

"Red root is a lymphatic stimulant useful in tonsilitis, sore throats, swollen lymph nodes and fluid-filled cysts. "

Any problems with these? If echinacea stimulates immune sys, bad idea aftr rtxn?

bad sleep

6/12
Pre-rituxan I used to usually sleep through the night, at least the majority of the time, even if not the same quality of sleep as I got pre-CFS. I haven't slept through the night once in the 5.5 months since RituxanIt's getting to be a pretty bad situation. I wake up a lot, and often can't get back to sleep after only 4 hours. I'm really sleepy during the day. When I don't actually wake up, I almost always toss and turn and sort of "half wake up" all the time.

D Ribose didn't used to affect my sleep, but since Rituxan, if I take it during the day (last dose way before bed time) or even in AM only, I lay in bed in a kind of half sleep state where I can't get all the way to sleep.

I had mild sleep apnea before Rituxan, and tha'ts gotten worse. But I think there is something more going on here as well given the "half sleep" (worsened by sugar).

There was a change immediately after Rituxan.

9/12
(update- been 8 mnths and slp a bit better BC of no sugar/carbs for 6hrs bfr bed). But still nt good. Apnea worse.

Curious if anyone else has noticed this?

CFS also wrse

I can't talk. Can't type/text enough to communicate. Haven't had a conversation with someone in 8 months...