• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The "eyes" have it.

jerrymcfadyen

Does ME typically effect the eyes?

I've been having trouble seeing and have itching/watery eyes. Both eyes are effected but the left eye is much worse.
It's been going on since the first of December and I finally got in to see my eye doctor last week. He said he's never seen anything quiet like this. He said it looks like my cornea have been sand blasted. He gave my steroid drops to try for two weeks to see if that helps. so far it isn't helping at all.

Any one experienced this or other eye issues? Any suggestions or things to bring up to the doctor when I go back?

adreno

PR activist
Sometimes eye problems can be caused by nutrient deficiencies. Vitamin A and B2 are especially important for eye health.

halcyon

I know Sjorgen's can cause corneal abrasions. Do you have any other symptoms?
That was the first thing that popped in to my mind as well but doesn't it cause dry eyes? Jerry said his are watery.