• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The GURU is INSIDE YOU

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
Dreambirdie, I've heard that Julia Sweeney routine (I have it on CD, can't remember where I got it) and, yes, it's hilarious. I was not raised Catholic, and I'm not atheist, so I have not come to the exact same conclusions as she has. And yet I still found the whole thing very funny.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hi ahimsa Yes, Julia Sweeny has such an emotionally expressive way of telling her "God" stories. I especially liked her adventures with the Mormons she invited into her house, and the commentary about the New Age physics ala Deepak Chopra. I have had my own versions of each of these. The story about her parents finding out she was an atheist was pretty hilarious too.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
This is one of my favorite "gurus." The ocean guru, the source from which all life on this planet has arisen.

Ocean Guru.jpg

allyann

Now my favourite guru is Guru Maurice Pitka, famous quotes include:

Guru Pitka: Let's look at the word, guru. Ok. My goal is to get you to say "Gee You Are You", ™

Guru Pitka: I speak of Intimacy, or Into-Me-I-See

Guru Pitka: Tonight I want you to go from NOWHERE to NOW HERE.™

Guru Pitka: If your Uncle Jack helped you off an elephant, would you help your uncle jack off an elephant?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Love_Guru

~allyann

golden

Now my favourite guru is Guru Maurice Pitka, famous quotes include:

Guru Pitka: Let's look at the word, guru. Ok. My goal is to get you to say "Gee You Are You", ™

Guru Pitka: I speak of Intimacy, or Into-Me-I-See

Guru Pitka: Tonight I want you to go from NOWHERE to NOW HERE.™

Guru Pitka: If your Uncle Jack helped you off an elephant, would you help your uncle jack off an elephant?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Love_Guru

~allyann

The trade marks cracked me up :)

I recall a company trying to own rights to the colour pink ...:)

golden

I was in tears of laughter watching that movie

When I initially read it , I thought it was a 'real ' Guru with their trademark catch phrases on... i didnt explain my post very well !

But this is what a lot of gurus become.

It was a good film, I enjoyed it.

Good Guru films? Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, The Fountain,

and I forget my favourite one ; (edit: Solaris )

best line :

'Am I Alive or Dead'

'You don't have to think like that anymore'

:)