• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Latest UK Crop Circle Photos

Most folk cannot organize a p*ss up in a brewery! Never minf do this for decades, not get seen, do it even onmoonless nights, do it over a large area with extreme precision.
So, wouldn't be surprised if it's some prank, initation right or such, of military/university/group of close, dedicated friends!

Haha! Love your posts, Silverblade. My thoughts exactly. But I couldn't put it as well as you.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I really like them. Here's another very usual one.

Netherlands Butterfly Metamorphosis Transformation Crop Circle.jpg

SilverbladeTE

Mishmash
;)
I saw a TV program where they got ordininary folk to make such art, very fun :)
but..they could not do the very complex/large ones anything like as well or in true size, and they had to do it in broad daylight with full co-operation of the farmer
and of course, they were just copying existing designs.

so it seems to me,folk used to land surveying, geography, architecture, engineering or such, are likely candidates as you need to uderstand the map/locla geography/set up cardinal points precisely. Doing that without being noticed, in the dark, that would be damn hard!
maybe an intiation rite of the Royal Engineers or university class or the like ;)

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I like to think it's fairies, and maybe disembodied long dead druids, that are creating them. Most of them appear in the UK after all, and I know you have LOTS of fairies and druids up there. :)

L'engle

moogle
I wish they would make some in North America, whoever it is! A secret society based in Cambridge or Oxford sounds about right to me.

snowathlete

couldn't circles be done automatically with some kind of strong metal arm extending low down at the desired length from a strong central pole (not necesarily sticking into the ground, but supported so that it was stable). It would need some power, but it could be made pretty silent I reckon. That way you could make circles quite quickly and easily and very accurately.

Also, would the farmer/anyone else, notice right away? If not then you could do it over more than one night.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
What are the pairs of parallel tracks that cross so many of the fields at a regular interval? Something related to irrigation?

If there were no planes passing overhead, I don't think that anyone would notice right away in a crop field. Every so often a farmer discovers something like a wrecked vehicle or a dead body while harvesting.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
That is just amazing. I wonder how many man hours it took.

If you look in the green area in the middle of the center photo, I think there is a horse figure there.