• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Things I'm grateful for, feel free to add

PNR2008

I am grateful for my new house that is too expensive but since I am homebound mostly, it's important. I may not be able to stay here as long as I wanted but soon it will be 4years of green grass, trails, wetlands, parade of wild turkeys, deer that peek out, ducks and geese that own the place. I am safe and warm (or cool). After living in a 106 yr old house for 30 yrs. it's just so nice to open all windows with one hand, not worry about snow removal or grasscutting or dangerous neighbors. My dog and I go bike riding on the trails and quiet streets when possible, she's attached to the back axle and Gabrielle always gets me home.

Yesterday I was grateful for the sun to shine through my really grubby windows which havent been cleaned for oh so long, and I was grateful that at last I dont mind them being grubby.

Today I am grateful I can share yesterdays thoughts with you as now I am registered here and can post.
I also managed to walk the dogs again, and am very grateful for being able to do so, as were they. AND I smelled the nettles as I walked through them. Amazing.

Tammy

I am extremely grateful that a neighbor of mine will be running errands for me. I am going throug a bad spell and cannot do all the things I need to do. He came by the other day and said that he was looking for volunteer work as he is retired and wants to help out. I couldn't believe it.....I've been feeling so bad and here comes Jo! He will do my grocery shopping and any other chore I need...........I am truly blessed.

Grateful for my bed right now, and wondering how the heck i managed to walk the dogs yesterday with what is going on in my life at the moment. I feel so ill and I feel like I have been like this for weeks and months, not days.
Am grateful for the knowledge I have learned since being ill, and how it is helping me through this rough time.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I am grateful for president Obama for acknowledging ME/CFS. So glad we have him on our side, and hopefully will continue to after he is re-elected.

PNR2008

I am grateful for all my dogs and cats but my previous German Shepherd Dog and I went through therapy dog training and I had a good 6 yrs of administering to people in nursing homes, Taussic Cancer Center at the Cleveland Clinic and my favorite Tailwaggling Tutors for at risk readers in kindergarten at a local school. Even though I could only work once a week it was so uplifting to help others and get my mind off my own illness. Many times I came back flopped into bed next to my tired dog and slept for hours but I'd never forget the smiles and the excitement when Ariel pranced in the room. It gave me much needed confidence and self esteem when I needed them the most and felt lost after 20 years of this awful illness. I was losing myself but became the real winner in this endeavor.

Grateful for being in the autumn sunshine this morning, and oh so grateful for my dog yesterday who brought me a sock when i was still in bed at 11.30am, but he did have to wait another half hour before I put it on and got downstairs and into the garden and then onto the settee back in the lounge (dogs had been out a few hours earlier ;) ).

snowathlete

i found it hard to read and post here, cause i aint feeling that positive right now, but, i am grateful for my wife and my daughter. If i didnt have them, well, i wouldnt want to think of how things would be without them.

I am also grateful to the woman from church who brings me homemade bread once a week, just gives me a hug on my doorstep, tells me to keep going and then leaves. She reminds me that somebody remembers and cares about me, even though all my friends have forgotten all about me.

Im also grateful for films as they absorb me enough to let me forget my symptoms. Though im struggling to find something i havent seen thats good now.

Im also grateful for the people on here, familiar and kind.

PNR2008

Snowathlete, I am grateful for you and all the PWCs that have real stories and endless struggles because of this illness and are gracious enough to share them heart to heart.

Hip

Cort's Phoenix Rising website and forum, which provides not only companionship and an incomparable resource of ME/CFS information, but also lends a certain philosophical gravitas to this condition, through the website articles and analysis of the news, research, politics and personalities of ME/CFS.

Wifi123

When I read the first posting, the poster mentioned about loving the green of the leaves, I have always believed that GOD made them green because it's an easy colour to look at and that colour gives rest to the eyes.

We ae gratefuly because our Lord Jesus Christ has promised never to forsake us, and time and time again His Word relates how God fulfills His promises. Therefore it's essential to trust God wholeheartedly, and "be patient in affliction" (Rom. 12:12).

Blessings

CAcfs

These are great. :) :) I actually don't come back to my own threads often enough. Thanks for the smiles and for pouring out your hearts. Warmed mine.

Jessie~

I am grateful that I have a diagnosis and disability income. Life was physically and emotionally way more miserable when I didn't know how sick I was and kept trying to push myself through everything every day. My efforts to catch up and keep up with "normal" made life worse for so many years. I am glad that I am not still going through that every day.

I am also grateful that I was able to get out of the house for an hour today to run a few errands after being stuck inside for 3 weeks... And so happy that my car started (almost didn't) after 3 weeks of sitting unused in the cold weather.

One more... I am grateful for my occasional, spontaneous, one person, 1-5 song dance parties (or more like just standing up and moving my body around to good music :D). This girl still knows how to have fun :cool:.

Last edited:

Shoshana

Northern USA
@-Jessie-
I love the ways you worded all of that post.
SO glad for you, that you stopped doing things that were not healthy or positive. :)

I am grateful you posted it, so I could enjoy it,
and also so I could see a recent post added, on this string and on this subject.
It lifted my spirits.

Even just the idea, and the reminder, to be grateful every day,
gives me inner strength and determination,
to keep doing it! And positive feelings of gladness. :)

I am grateful for the beautiful blue sky today, and that I can see it. Quite well! :)

I am grateful whenever I get the internet connection working! :)

Shoshana

mirshine

I am grateful that today I managed to make it to my daughter's Confirmation. I managed to get dressed up. I walked, really slowly, with my walking stick. I sat through the mass with my whole body twitching and shaking, but so happy to be there. I was so proud of her. I came home, we had a simple lunch and I lay down for a while. We went out for a meal, I just about made it home. My legs are in so much pain. I am shattered. But I made it. And I enjoyed it. And I am grateful that I was able to share my girl's big day.

otherworldly

very severe
being very severe, i can no longer relate 2 much if any of things ppl commented on......however, i'm grateful 4 plastic forks, straws, electric toothbrushes, baby wipes, that i can still eat & feed myself. my cat who keeps me company & weed, can't 4 get the weed, b/c w/o it, i would no longer b able 2 listen 2 interviews on aliens & other dimensions which fascinate me.