• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK: Easyfundraising.co.uk - free money for UK ME charities

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Argh, kicking myself! I've seen this mentioned every so often but somehow the penny (irony!) never really dropped.

If you register with this site:

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/

and then shop at any of hundreds of big, obvious, everybody-uses-them retailers such as Argos, Tesco, M&S, etc. etc. etc., then the charity of your choice gets FREE MONEY every time.

ME Research UK, Invest in ME, the ME Association and Action for ME are all registered with the site. You pick one and set yourself up and whenever you go shopping on line, you click on a thingy before you visit the site you want to shop with and your chosen charity gets a blob of money.

For example, M&S gives up to 1.5%, Tesco gives up to 5%/£2.50... and so on. On a quick look, hardly anywhere you would ever shop isn't on the list.

I'm a big fan of free money for our charities. :)

Min

The 25% group is also listed, and if you pay tax you can register to gift aid.

Invest in ME have stated that all monies from this are earmarked for their biomedical research fund.

Esther12

I think that we're signed up to that, or something similar (some charity thing pops up when I'm shopping on-line anyway). Thanks for bringing it to people's attention.