• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Very interesting sulfate question

musicchick581

I am posting for a friend of mine who got his 23 and me test results back and has high urine sulfates (>1600)
Check this out. Everything is -/- except:
+/+
MAO A R297 (+)
COMT (but all other COMT's are fine)
FUT 2 (all three of them)
MTHFD1 G1958A
MTHFD1L
NOS3
TCN1

+/-
ACE Del 16
AGT M235T/C4072T
BHMT (but BHMT 2 and 8 are fine)
BHMT R239Q
DAO
MTHFR 699
GAD 1 (just one of them)
GIF (TCN3)
MTHFD1L
MTRR A66G
MTRR K350A
MTRR-11 A664A
MTRR (two of them)
NOS2 (three of them)
PEMT (two of them)
SHMT2
TCN2 C766G
VDR Bsm
VDR Taq

He only tested sulfates once, but what on earth could be causing this? CBS and BHMT don't seem to be an issue, and we aren't sure what plain BHMT is since there are no numbers after it, except the rs number.

tdog333

Phenol Sulfur Transferase (PST) enzyme problems

http://www.allnaturaladvantage.com.au/Sulphation_diagram.htm

There's probably inflamation of the kidneys and liver leading to sulfate dumping. This can be due to heavy metals, viruses, etc...
Combine sulfate dumping with improper sulfur oxidization(which is responsible for producing sulfate) due to PST problems and you have trouble!

Have him read that link i posted. Then have him try making epsom salt paste and applying it to his skin for 30 minutes every day, or he can do an epsom salt foot bath, or regular bath. Applying it directly to the skin as a paste works best for me but can be a hassle sometimes.

He needs to avoid sulfur and supplement with sulfate(aka the magnesium epsom salts)

Last edited: