• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Voting over for Round 1 of Aviva contest.

rosie26

That was a short holiday. Looks like we are voting again very soon.

Last edited:

snowathlete

So we have to go through the semi-finals and then the finals, right? How far have we made it before and what are our chanes? Are there any runner up prizes?

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
We do not have to vote again until Dec 1

If we had not qualified in this round, we could try again in the next round, but we did so... we're good until Dec 1.

The vote is not for a guaranteed win but is: 1) to get us into the judging round and 2) counts as 15% of the score.

The remainder of the score is judged.

There are runner-up ($5,000) and wild ($1,000) prizes.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I noticed that 6 of the the large project semi-finalists and 10 (1/2!) of the small project semi-finalists are from the animal welfare category.

Battery Muncher

@Little Bluestem It never fails to amaze me how much compassion animals receive compared to medical projects! I mean, I like animals as well but still...compare the outrage over the Liberian doctor in the USA who was refused the vaccine (I think?) compared to the dog that was put down in Spain...I think the dog caused more anger than the doctor!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I'd like to get the title of this thread changed to avoid confusing people, given that we've got another round of voting coming up later.

@Kina, could you please change the title to "Voting over for Round 1 of Aviva contest", please?

*GG*

@Little Bluestem It never fails to amaze me how much compassion animals receive compared to medical projects! I mean, I like animals as well but still...compare the outrage over the Liberian doctor in the USA who was refused the vaccine (I think?) compared to the dog that was put down in Spain...I think the dog caused more anger than the doctor!

Please delete this comment if it vears the thread off subject to much also. This gets to me also, I love animals, particularly dogs, would like to have my own some day, not sure that will happen. But it seems that you are right @Battery Muncher that some people are so fanatical for animal causes while Millions of humans are suffering practically in their own back yards. Some of this is due to them not knowing, but wonder if that would change the dynamics much?

GG