• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Walking like a zombie

Hello everyone

I took this benfothaimine vitamin B1 which is fat soluble lastg 3 days ago and the first two days I didn't get up at all and on day 3 I am walking like a zombie.

Can somebody give the rationale? I am so puzzled. I thought only GABA can do it if there is a Leaky BBB.

Please forum get me out of this state of mind. Its horrible thing i experienced in my life till date.
Eagerly awaiting your reply.

@caledonia

Last edited:

brenda

Hello everyone

I took this benfothaimine vitamin B1 which is fat soluble lastg 3 days ago and the first two days I didn't get up at all and on day 3 I am walking like a zombie.

Can somebody give the rationale? I am so puzzled. I thought only GABA can do it if there is a Leaky BBB.

Please forum get me out of this state of mind. Its horrible thing i experienced in my life till date.

@caledonia

How much did you take @ramkishore

brenda

@ramkishore

Sorry I cannot answer, but you might find someone on Dr Yasko's forum as they use B1 a lot for ASD's who also react strongly when taking it. Any chance you may be ASD?

ljimbo423

Hello everyone

@caledonia
Hello ramkishore- I experienced what felt like serious detox symptoms taking regular vitamin B-1, at about 200 mg a day, so I stopped it and a day or so later was fine. I did some reading on it and the best explanation I could find was that vitamin B-1 is needed for acetylation in the liver. Acetylation is part of the phase 2 detoxification pathway in the liver. So maybe you are experiencing detox symptoms. Jim

Yaa I have
@ramkishore

Sorry I cannot answer, but you might find someone on Dr Yasko's forum as they use B1 a lot for ASD's who also react strongly when taking it. Any chance you may be ASD?
Yaa I have MTHFR A1298C Heterozygous and mercury poisioned also. You can see my signature for other mutations. New thing I am guessing is leaky BBB.
Please let me know your thought.

Hello ramkishore- I experienced what felt like serious detox symptoms taking regular vitamin B-1, at about 200 mg a day, so I stopped it and a day or so later was fine. I did some reading on it and the best explanation I could find was that vitamin B-1 is needed for acetylation in the liver. Acetylation is part of the phase 2 detoxification pathway in the liver. So maybe you are experiencing detox symptoms. Jim

Thanks Jim. Its really good explanation.Its fitting so close...so close.