• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Wanted 23andme intl invoice

Gondwanaland

A friend of mine sent me a 23andme kit from the US. Now I need a customs declaration to send my sample. I would be thankful if someone could provide a scanned copy of it via private conversation.

Gondwanaland

I found a model for customs declaration online, form CN 22. I am drafting an invoice to send my tube and would like to know what is to be written in the field "detailed description of contents"?

liverock

I found a model for customs declaration online, form CN 22. I am drafting an invoice to send my tube and would like to know what is to be written in the field "detailed description of contents"?

My sample was sent from UK via DHL and 23andme provided all the packing and paperwork.
23andme description of the contents was:
EXEMPT HUMAN SPECIMEN
VALUE FOR CUSTOMS 15 USD

Gondwanaland

I just realized that what I need is how to word the invoice, so I changed this topic's title accordingly.

Again, I will be very thankful if anyone could help me with that.

izzy

Gondwanaland

My address

To: 23 and Me
address

Contents:
EXEMPT HUMAN SPECIMEN
VALUE FOR CUSTOMS 15 USD

Country of origin? (is this required info?)

I certify it does not contain any dangerous or prohibited goods.

signature

Does anyone remember what else is needed ?

Thanks in advance

izzy

liverock

It might be better if you contact 23andme customer service about the problem.

https://customercare.23andme.com/hc...turning-your-sample-to-the-lab-international-
( you can email them at the end of page if your query is not answered.)

They normally only accept samples from the country it was originally shipped to which in your case is presumably the US.

I think the procedure about customers giving kits to friends directly is only to US customers, when there will be no customs and invoices etc.

If anybody wants kits for International friends I think you give the name and address to 23andme and they send the kit out and all the paperwork, including commercial invoices and DHL waybill with customs declaration( including $100 worth of insurance.) This way the whole thing is standardised.

I could be wrong but thats as I understand it.