• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Warm Home discount scheme in the UK

Calathea

If you're on benefits, or if you're not on benefits but you have less than £16K coming in and meet one of the other criteria (one of which is "exempt from prescription charges", which is quite magic if you're in Scotland as everyone is and yet they still accept it!), then you can apply for a rebate of £130 on your winter energy bill under the Warm Home discount scheme. You can read more about it here. So hopefully that'll be one less financial worry for many of us.

wastwater

I once got this one year,missed out most years,I think they may have changed the rules,they now seem to charge me 130 quid just to pipe the gas to my door before usage,thats not something I was expecting.