• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weird feeling in the head, when temperature is high

I seem to get a strange sensation in the head when the temperature is above about 26° Celsius.

The sensation is not like a headache, however it feels like that there is some kind of pressure or inflammation in the head (mainly side of the head just above ears), it's certainly not dehydration and probably not related to sinus as that causes a much more painful headache. It is not painful like a headache but it definitely has a physical presence and seems to elevate the brain fog.

It is strange because it is very specific in that I only seem to get it when the temperature is above a certain level and it always occurs when the temperature is above that level.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I feel like someone pumped air into the back of my cranium and like my brain is wrapped in cotton all the time. I usually feel like the air in my head when I wake up, then the fog settles in.

I know @rosie26 gets temperature related head pressure. I can't remember if she has POTS. I tagged her so she'll see this and chime in.

The head pressure is pretty normal from inflammation. I don't have POTS or OI.

rosie26

Hi Arise

I have head inflammation all the time. I have been thinking lately that some of the awful and weird stuff in my head could also be due to Vasculitis ? I personally think I have 3-4 things going on in my head - maybe more. Low grade encephalitis, POTS, Sinusitis, Vasculitis. But I really have no idea. I have pressure of various kinds in my head everyday. Some days are better than others.

I get a lot of the side pressure too. I am wondering if this is the blood vessels going up the side of the head that maybe involved in the feeling of pressure. Looking at a picture of the blood vessels that go up to the head, one passes above the ear and spreads out over the front and middle of the head like fingers. Exactly where I experience the sensations.

Hot and cold weather seems to trigger an exacerbation of symptoms for a lot of us. Summer temperatures in my city don't usually go over 30 degrees so I wouldn't notice it as much as you I think. I do suffer a lot when winter temperatures go below 13 degrees though.

GreenMachineX

Bumping another old thread. I've had this symptom quite a bit recently. The head pressure really occurs for me right at the temple. I *think* I've also noticed that when it's at it worst, those are the nights I sleep the worst...like less then an hour.