• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weird grimace after Patricia Kane shake

I have a strange (newish) symptom where one corner of my mouth sort of stretches down in a tight grimace.

It started the first time I tried the "cell membrane stabilizing drink" (part of Patricia Kane's protocol) that includes phosphatidylcholine, evening primrose, a mix of sunflower and flax seed oils, egg (or whey) protein - it was egg in that moment, and some seeds and nuts.

The blend made me feel amazing, cognitively, but that weird mouth symptom started. It's generally transient, but now happens pretty much anytime I am doing something to ramp up detox.

It's odd and now a wide variety of substances (chlorella, charcoal, sometimes even equilibrant or immunomodulators) can trigger it.

It often comes with that dirty brain feeling that tells me it's time to go into the sauna.

Does anyone have any idea why that drink may have triggered it or what I might be pulling out?

barbc56

I am not a medical professional but I wonder if this symptom may not have anything to do with the substances you are taking. Especially when other things are triggering the same symptoms.

The problem with detox is that it doesn't distinguish between what your body needs and what it doesn't need.

Have you seen a doctor?

Good luck.
Barb