• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What autonomic websites/forums do you recommend?

Gingergrrl

Several people have suggested that I look at forums for autonomic dysfunction and I was wondering which ones you guys recommend? The ones I keep hearing about are "Dinet" and "Pots Place."

My autonomic symptoms are all over the map from low BP, low blood volume, POTS and IST type tachycardia, shortness of breath and possible microvascular angina. The autonomic issues are by far the most disabling and I was wondering if the autonomic forums include people with ME/CFS or are strictly pure autonomic issues? This is the only forum I belong to and do not have a lot of energy but am thinking it might be worth it to gather more info.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Dinet is the forum for POTSplace. Probably most of the members of autonomic forums have a mixed diagnosis (not just dysautonomia)--at least that was my experience when I spent a lot of time on them.

This is a good site for information and used to be one of the best forums, but the forum has been closed for a while--though the site still has good information.

Sushi

Ruthie24

DINET has a good forum and also has a good website with a a lot of general information on it. There is a mix of people on there who have POTS along with other things like ME/CFS. You can search the forum for some great discussions on a variety of issues.

xks201

What does that matter, she asked for some recommendations for websites?
Gee I don't know maybe because she is on a chronic fatigue forum where we talk about ortho static intolerance and fatigue and she is seeking information from other members on an ortho static intolerance forum.

Tired of being sick

Gee I don't know maybe because she is on a chronic fatigue forum where we talk about ortho static intolerance and fatigue and she is seeking information from other members on an ortho static intolerance forum.
Whats wrong with that?

Maybe you should compare her likes to yours and adjust accordingly,no?

xks201

Whats wrong with that?

Maybe you should compare her likes to yours and adjust accordingly,no?
If you read the whole thread you will realize that I was asked the question of why am I asking her questions. Your post is exactly why I asked her those questions. In short, there was nothing wrong with me attempting to compare but the moderator thought so because I didn't simply redirect her to some website. Long live irony.