• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What to take for LGS if you can't tolerate glutamine?

chilove

Hi all,

I don't tolerate amino acids very well (CBS mutation) but have tested positive for intestinal permiability. What would you use to heal the gut if you couldn't take glutamine?

Thanks!

Audrey

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Here are some ideas:

Can you tolerate amino acids in meat? If so, bone broth/gelatin is a natural source of glutamine. You can make your own bone broth: How to make homemade bone broth

And/or you can also use gelatin from grassfed animals in a pinch: Great Lakes Gelatin (note: the company addresses glutamate concerns here)

GAPs intro diet short term to starve candida.

Digestive enzymes with every meal.

Therapeutic levels of probiotics - check the cooler section of a natural food store and look for something with 50-100 billion active cultures. You can get the probiotics in fermented foods like plain yogurt and kefir (avoid the sweetened kinds), sauerkraut with active cultures (Bubbie's brand - again cooler section and usually only at natural food stores).

Arabinogalatan powder or capsules (taken with probiotics, it helps feed the good bacteria the probiotic is providing)

Vitamin C (ideally liposomal for better absorption)

DGL powder or capsules

Marshmallow root caps

Aloe caps

Hope this helps!

chilove

Hi Vortex,

No, I got distracted by a Lyme disease diagnosis. I'm going to focus on fighting that before I concentrate on healing my gut further. The next thing I will try will be marshmallow and slippery elm for several months though.

Wising you the best!

Audrey

Daffodil

butyrate? i cant take that cuz it made me very ill but i think many can and it is supposed to help.

also, anti-inflammatory type diet

maybe probiotics

maybe tasectan?