• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What's Happened to Dr Jonathan Kerr?

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
I thought I saw a paper with his name on it recently...but I can't find it now. maybe I was confused about what year it is currently.

JayS

Jonathan Kerr has resurfaced!

He's working at Nuffield Health's Exeter Hospital, a small (47 bed) hospital in Devon. He is one of 3 haematologists employed there. The other 2 work there part-time.

That sounds like a huge come-down, in the sense that he's moved from a highly prestigious appointment at a prestigious London hospital, where he ran his own lab, to a dead end job in regional oblivion. Before this move, he'd spent more than 20 years climbing the career ladder. Maybe he likes the rural life, or has family reasons to be there; but it sounds like his decision to work on ME/CFS ruined his career.

I agree with the last sentence, but unfortunately this is not the same Jonathan Kerr. His license lapsed a couple of years ago; it was reinstated a year ago, but with no hospital affiliation.

I just came across this thread and was wondering the same thing. I don't think that Exeter Dr is the same
I just searched for him on the GMC website and it said this...
Very odd!!
A x
Doctor Details
Results of search on: 22 May 2013 at 17:04:50. The details shown are valid at the date and time of the search only.
Jonathan Richard
Kerr
Man
Not Registered - Administrative Reason

More Details
MB BCh 1987 Queens University of Belfast
09 Jul 1987
07 Feb 1989
Medical microbiology and virology From 19 Feb 1997 but not currently registered
This doctor is not on the GP Register
  • Information for Employers
View information for Employers