• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

will DIM help detox endocrine disruptors?

ebethc

If DIM helps your body eliminate excess estrogen, will it then help your body eliminate excess chemicals that mimic estrogen?

Also, I am at the tail end of perimenopause, so I don't have a lot of extra estrogen. My 2nd question: will DIM reduce the small amount of estrogen that I am now producing naturally (which would not be desired)?

BTW - when I take DIM, I feel like my sinuses are a little less stuffy and my head feels better (a little less foggy, more relaxed)

thanks.

Mary

Moderator Resource

Wow - sounds like interesting stuff. I'd never heard of it before. I have no idea about the answers to your questions, though am guessing that since it helps eliminate toxins, that it quite likely could help eliminate chemicals that mimic estrogen, but this is only a guess of course. I don't know what it would do to your normal estrogen levels.

Since you feel better taking it, maybe do an experiment and see how you do. I do that all the time if something seems benign or helpful. I'm going to look into it for myself because I get sick way too much.