• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Will KDM look for and dx OI/POTS etc?

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
My question is in the title really. I hear a lot of talk on the forums about OI/POTS etc and have seen how improvement can be gained from treating it. Here in the UK there is not much chance to get nayone to look at this. Will KDM consider it at all?

My question is in the title really. I hear a lot of talk on the forums about OI/POTS etc and have seen how improvement can be gained from treating it. Here in the UK there is not much chance to get nayone to look at this. Will KDM consider it at all?
I think he goes more for the underlying causes (infections), and OI often improves as a result of treating those.

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1

ANYONE IN THIS GROUP TRIED A CPAP MACHINE FOR DIZZINESS OR POTS? WORKED FOR ME.

SAN DIEGO #1

SOC

No hope you could get a local GP to order at least an aldosterone test? It's not the only OI problem PWME have by any means, but it's a common one that you might get the GP to address (just don't mention CFS :rolleyes:).

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque

He is very aware of OI and POTS as "downstream" symptoms though I haven't heard of him putting it in the actual diagnosis, as it seems to be an effect, not a cause. As @Valentijn said, many find that these get better with treatment of the deeper roots of this disease. (Has been true for me)

If you wanted him to prescribe a medication to help these symptoms, you could ask. He certainly regards them as real and "pains in the ass." :woot:

Sushi

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
thanks - just looking to know if I have it really. and whether he would dx - then I could at least do self help measures

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
thanks - just looking to know if I have it really. and whether he would dx - then I could at least do self help measures

If you tell him your symptoms, maybe do a poor man's TTT, keep track of your BP and HR for a while and show them to him, that would give him data.

Sushi